Peppermint Tea Benefits
Peppermint tea, also known as mint tea, is a kind of herbal tea made out of peppermint and, at times, several other additives. Though derived from the Mediterranean region, peppermint tea is now cultivated all across the world. The tea can be made out of dried or fresh peppermint leaves, which are very easy to grow in a home garden. The peppermint herb is ranked on the top of the list among the mint family and is known for its various health benefit properties, flavor and aroma. It contains menthol, methyl acetate, menthon and several other therapeutic ingredients, which makes peppermint a great component of many herbal tea recipes. Peppermint is regarded as one of the oldest medicines that have been used since ages for its various health, medicinal and other benefits. This article provides you with certain useful benefits of drinking peppermint tea. Health Benefits Of Peppermint Tea
- Rich in ‘menthol’, peppermint tea helps in easing colic in babies and treating diarrhea. It is also used as an herbal remedy for pyrosis, nausea and vomiting. It can be consumed to prevent and treat any stomach discomfort.
- Peppermint tea also helps in treating digestive discomfort, indigestion and irritable bowel syndrome. This is the best way to help digest food after a heavy meal. Consuming peppermint tea can also improve bile production and helps in burning down fats in the system.
- Consumption of peppermint tea on a daily basis prevents gas accumulation in the digestive tract and treats flatulence problems of any kind immediately.
- Peppermint, in general, is used as an effective ingredient in toothpastes and mouthwashes that helps you to get rid of bad breath problems.
- Peppermint tea consumption not only helps to cure bad breath, but also contains mild antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- If you are suffering from a severe cold or cough, peppermint can be an excellent herbal and home remedy. It has a mild expectorant property, which encourages the body to expel mucus from the respiratory system, curing all your infections.
- Peppermint tea is also useful and beneficial in breaking down bile stones. However, opting for peppermint tea as a remedy for gallstones should only be done under a doctor’s supervision, as the treatment depends on the type of stone.
- Nothing can be as good as bathing in peppermint tea to treat various skin problems. All skin problems like burns and rashes can be cured by adding just one quart of peppermint to your bath water.
- Peppermint tea proves out to be extremely beneficial in strengthening the immune system. It contains large amount of nutrients that give the body the immunity to fight against illness and all kinds of infections.
- The peppermint tea is also believed to be beneficial in treating people under stress, through its refreshing aroma. The exotic aroma of peppermint tea treats headaches and aids in restful sleep. Inhaling the stem from a hot cup of peppermint tea helps clear sinuses.
- If you suffer from travel or motion sickness, peppermint tea would surely act as your savior. The tea has a calming affect on the stomach, thus relaxing your mind and body.