Natural Cures For Kidney Stones
One of the best ways in which you can get to know if you are having kidney stones is if you have excruciating pain in the lower back and abdomen along with pain during urination. In most cases, the pain is because of the formation of stones, which settle in the urinary tract. To understand why and how the kidney stones form, it is necessary to know the function of the kidney. Its main function is to excrete the various wastes that get generated from metabolism. These include urea, uric acid and various others. The minerals and salts in the kidney are dissolved by a substance that is found in the urine and so they are prevented from being solids. However, sometimes due to dehydration or other factors, the concentration of the salts and minerals exceeds the solubility level and results in the formation of stones. The size of the stones varies from grit, sand size to the size of a birdís egg and it generally occurs during the middle age. To cure yourself, you can adopt the natural remedies and these are very effective, if the kidney stones are not large in size. Natural cures also strengthen your kidney and improve its overall function. However, you should not miss on professional consultation. To know more on the various natural cures for kidney stones, go through the article given below. Home Remedies For Kidney Stones
- Basil leaves strengthens the kidneys. It is also very effective in curing kidney stones. Mix one tablespoon of basil juice with one tablespoon of honey and take it for a period of six months, daily. It removes the stones from the urinary tract.
- Regular intake of celery prevents the chances of formation of stones in the kidney.
- Daily intake of a ripe fresh apple is very effective in treating the stones in the kidney. This is based on the fact that in countries where cider is a common beverage, the cases of kidney stones are nearly non-existent.
- Grapes have a high water and potassium salt content and so it has exceptional diuretic value. It also has low albumin and sodium chloride content. This makes it very valuable in case of kidney troubles and so is an excellent cure for stones in the kidney.
- The seeds of sour and sweet pomegranates are very good in curing kidney stones. Grind a tablespoon of pomegranate seeds into a fine paste. Then make a soup using two tablespoons of horse gram and into it, mix the paste. Drink this soup regularly to dissolve the stones in the kidneys.
- The concentration of water in watermelon is the highest among all fruits. It is also a rich source of potassium salts. Eat watermelon or drink its juice everyday to cure yourself of kidney stones.
- Another effective home remedy for kidney stones is dried French beans. Remove the seeds and then slice the pods. Take four liters of water and set it to heat. To the water add sixty grams of the pods and then boil in low heat for six hours slowly. Now strain the liquid in fine muslin and then cool for eight hours. Strain the liquid again in another piece of muslin. Take a glass of this solution every two hours throughout the day.
- You can also boil two figs in a cup of water and drink it in an empty stomach the first thing in the morning.
- Take a cup of radish leaves as a salad twice a day to get cured from kidney stones.
- Drink a glass of tomato juice with a pinch of salt and pepper in the morning to bolster the kidney and also to rid yourself of kidney stones.
- Whole-wheat bread is a rich source of magnesium, which prevents the formation of stones. Add whole wheat bread in your regular diet to steer clear from kidney stones.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. It is the best home remedy for preventing kidney stones.