Most comfortable position to use a netbook?

chief

Prime VIP
What’s the most comfortable position for you to use a netbook?

stresspoints-1.jpg

This summer Core77 published some research on netbook usability factors. The study focused on a variety of factors including user interfaces for non-Windows computers, various use scenarios, and ergonomics.

That last part caught my attention, because the researchers found that among the sample group, the most comfortable position for using a clamshell-style laptop wasn’t while sitting at a desk, propping the notebook on your lap, or even while standing. Rather, the position that caused the least pain was lying in bed with the computer propped up on one’s thighs with knees kept up.

It’s worth noting though, that the sample group in this case was a group of 11 to 14 year old children. It’s quite possible that the results don’t hold true for all groups. So I figured I’d launch my own completely unscientific and unreliable study. Here’s how it works. I’m going to ask you a simple question: what do you find to be the most comfortable position for using a laptop, particularly a small one like a 10 inch or smaller netbook? Keep in mind that use involves typing and viewing the display for web browsing, editing documents, watching videos, and maybe even playing games.

via Gizmodo