Low Carb Foods
After the introduction of the Atkins diet and its positive effects on weight loss, people have started moving towards a low carb diet. It should be noted that carbohydrates are not bad for a person and do not lead to weight gain, but only if taken in moderation. However, having a low carb diet is definitely good for health, especially your cholesterol levels. The problem is that most of us do not know the food items that have low carbs.
Benefits Of Low Carb Diet
- A low carb diet intake results in weight loss, even when the person in not consciously restricting on calories.
- Having lower amount of carbohydrates helps improve the level of triglycerides in the body.
- For diabetics and pre-diabetics, low carb diet can be extremely effective, as it reduces the blood glucose levels. This is mainly because it shuns away the cravings for sweets.
- There are two types of cholesterol, of which one is good and the other is bad for the body. Low carb diet results in increasing HDL or ‘good’ cholesterol in the body.
- It is said that by consuming a low carb diet, there is improved insulin sensitivity.
- For those suffering from high blood pressure, having low carb food products can be beneficial, as it reduces the blood pressure levels.
- Low carb foods are also associated with lowering blood insulin level.
- It is reported that people who include low carb food in their regular diet have increased energy levels, as compared to their counterparts.
- A low carb diet results in better mental concentration. It disrupts the formation of any brain fog.
- Compulsive or emotional eating fades away when a person switches to low carb foods, thus giving no scope for weight gain.
- It has been observed that people with low carb diet have improved better hygiene. Chances of dental plaque are extremely low.
- Improvement in joint or muscle pain is seen in people who regularly intake a low carb diet.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms, such as heartburn, get better when a person indulges in foods that have low carbs.
- A low carb diet results in improvement of skin appearance, making a person look healthy and youthful.