How To Stop Overactive Sweating
The problem of sweaty hands, armpits and feet, occasionally, is quiet normal. However, if you perspire day and night, heavily and for no apparent reason, then consulting your doctor is the first thing that you should do. This is because you may be suffering from Hyperhidrosis. It is a condition characterized by an abnormal increase in perspiration, which results in continuous sweating in areas like armpits, hands and feet. The enormous production of sweat affects the daily life of those suffering from it as well as those around them. Treating overactive sweat glands is the only way to get rid of the discomfort. Go through this article and learn how to stop overactive sweating. How To Stop Overactive Sweating
- Clinical Antiperspirants: Consult your doctor and get anti-perspirants prescribed for you. Clinical antiperspirants are more effective as compared to those found in general stores. You should be very careful while using such antiperspirants because most of them contain high amounts of aluminum chloride as the main ingredient, which may cause skin irritation and damage the clothes.
- Medications: Oral medications are prescribed to paralyze the sweating glands temporarily and shut down perspiration. Make sure that you do not take medicines that cause side effects, like dry mouth and blurred vision.
- Botox: Another way to get rid of over-sweating glands is by getting botox injections. However, these are only temporary solutions for the problem. Only the primary stage of hyperhidrosis can be treated by this method.
- Iontophoresis: Some hospitals have the facility of weekly procedures like ‘Iontophoresis’, where electrical currents are passed across the affected area to stop the production of sweat temporarily. This method is generally used to treat excessive sweating of the feet.
- Surgery: Surgery should be opted for only if you suffer from a severe case of Hyperhidrosis. Liposuction is the recent surgical method used to treat overactive sweat glands. In this process, the surgeon makes use of a small tube that sucks out the superficial layer of fat in the armpit, wherein the sweat glands are located.
- Wear Cottons: Do not wear clothes made of synthetic materials. Instead, opt for 100% cottons. Natural materials will allow your body to breathe, thereby saving your from the embarrassment of sweaty arm stains. Wear cotton socks if you have the problem of excessive sweating of feet.
- Natural Treatment: The natural treatment to stop overactive sweating comprises of modifying your lifestyle and adding herbal supplements to your diet. Yoga and meditation can be beneficial in curbing the problem as well.