How To Stop Hiccups

Suffering from a bad case of the hiccups? They don’t do any physical damage and are more annoying than anything (though I suppose if you have a chronic case, that may be cause for concern). And sure enough, it never fails that they appear at the most inopportune times (when you’re trying to sleep, right before a job interview, during class, etc.).
The good news is that there are lots of different remedies you can try that can stop them in their tracks. Here’s a tip from Growing Happiness with “The Best Cure”, there’s a twist to this you may not know:
When I was younger my mother told me that the only way to cure hiccups (hiccoughs) is to drink water. I’ve tried this many, many times with inconsistent results.
I’ve also tried many other methods like holding my breath, pulling my ears, pinching my nose, drinking honey and getting tickled (made me feel worse). That was until B told me that the cure does indeed lie in drinking water but not just any water, it has to be warm.
Aha! Warm water is the trick…visit the page for details why it works. I was taught to drink water or hold my breath and both had inconsistent results. Thankfully, I rarely get hiccups
icon_winkgif-1.jpg

• First take a deep breath then keep drinking tiny sips of water until you can no longer hold your breath.
  • Let a spoonful of sugar dissolve on your tongue then swallow.
  • Talking on the phone can stop them.
  • Trying to hiccup on purpose, or force one, brings them to a stop.
  • Stimulating the nerves of the throat helps, try massaging your earlobes.
  • Drinking water upside down helps.
  • Take a deep breath, hold it then bend over sharply. Keep holding your breath until you no longer can then let it out and take another deep breath.
  • Eat a spoonful of peanut butter, allowing it to sit in your mouth a few seconds before swallowing.
  • A teaspoon of vinegar can stop them.
  • Try drinking a half glass of water, tilt your head up with your mouth open and hold your breath for 10 seconds.
  • Take a drink of water, hold it in your mouth then plug your ears and swallow.