How To Stop Excessive Sweating
Sweating is natural to the body but excessive sweating can be embarrassing! You can be in middle of an important business presentation, when you realize that your under arms and hands are swathed in pool of sweat despite the air conditioner. Sweat or perspiration is body’s natural reaction to certain stimuli like stress, anxiety, depression, heat, or conditions like obesity, nausea, and nervousness etc. Body perspires as it need to cool down when the temperature outside rises or when it’s overworked. However, if you sweat excessively then there is a problem. Excessive sweating or Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition which affects more than one percent of the world’s population. People, who suffer from excessive sweating, sweat the whole day even at cool temperature. The main areas affected by excessive sweating are hands, feet, underarms, and face. According to doctors, the main reason behind excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis is unknown. However, hyperhidrosis is curable. There are natural remedies and medical options available to help you. Here you will find tips, natural remedies, and medical options to help stop excessive sweating. How To Get Rid Of Excessive Sweating :
Home Remedy :
- Apply an antiperspirant to your hands. Use an aluminum-based antiperspirant, rather than using a deodorant. Antiperspirants block hyperactive sweat glands thus preventing sweat secretion. When you apply an antiperspirant, make sure that your hands are clean and dry. However, for some people, antiperspirants don’t work as they sweat excessively. For them, oral medicines are an alternative. These should be taken after a check with your doctor.
- If stress or anxiety is the cause of your excessive sweating then self-hypnosis can be the solution. The underlying principle of self-hypnosis is orienting the mind towards the desired objective so that a person can subconsciously make appropriate choices and get rid of a problem. You can use self-hypnosis to calm your nervous system, which plays a vital role in sending signals to the sweat glands. By calming nervous system, you can reduce the activity of sweat glands.
- ‘You are what you eat’ goes the popular saying. Diet can play a major role in helping you with excessive sweating problem. Eat food rich in Vitamin B like cereal, bread, meat, eggs and nuts. Include fruits in your diet as they have high water content and have cooling effect on our body. Use olive oil in your food as it helps prevent excessive sweating. Avoid intake of spicy and junk foods.
- Drink plenty of liquid. Once your body temperature rises, the amount of sweat your body produces also rises. If you drink plenty of water, your body will remain cool resulting in less or no sweating. On the other hand, less intake of water mean higher body temperature and increase in sweating.
- Acupuncture, a traditional Chinese therapy is known for controlling excessive sweating. Acupuncture can help stop excessive sweating by mellowing down the hyper-activity of sweat glands and regulating body temperature.
- Personal hygiene plays a key role in preventing excessive sweating. Bath daily and scrub well with soap. Avoid wearing clothes of silk and nylon fabric. 100 percent natural fabric like cotton should be your pick.
- If you are suffering from excessive underarm sweating then washing them with sage tea leaves can make you feel fresh. Just brew the tealeaves and wash you armpits. This simple method can prove very effective.
- Dip your hands, feet, or bath in hot water containing baking soda. This remedy can help you reduce excessive sweating. Continue this for five to six consecutive days to see it works effectively.
Excessive sweating is really disturbing and can affect your personal and social relations. If natural methods don’t work then you can go for oral medication, botox injections and electrical therapy, as recommended by a doctor. On the basis of severity of the situation, a suitable treatment should be chosen.