How to Remove Split Ends (Hair Problem)
How to Remove Split Ends
There is no true way to remove split ends aside from cutting your hair. For example, when growing out a short hair cut you'll just have to bite the bullet and let it get past that awful in-between stage. Rather than removing split ends with scissors, you can make them much less visible.
1. General tips
2. Do not cut your hair. A good majority of the general population do not have scissors sharp enough for cutting hair, please leave this to the professionals.
3. Buy good shampoo and conditioner, experiment what works best with your hair, including not washing it everyday, possibly wetting it will suffice.
4. If you have dry hair
5. Use a leave-in conditioner in addition to your regular shampoo and conditioner.
6. Try coconut or avocado oil in your hair over night and wash it in the morning.
7. If you have oily hair
8. Wash your scalp with a gentle shampoo and use a light conditioner on the tips on a daily basis.
9. If you have curly hair
10. Don't use products containing silicone, it will make your hair drier and more frizzy.
11. Let your hair air dry if you live in a warmer arid climate.
12. Use a blow dryer on medium to low with a diffuser if you live a cooler more humid climate.
13. If you have over-processed hair
14. Never use products containing silicone.
15. Do not dry your hair all the way, it tends to dry it out more.
16. Use coconut oil, avocado oil or a half and half mixture of coconut and castor oils overnight to strengthen and increase hair growth.
* Use a clarifying shampoo about once a month since silicone builds up, which you want, because keeps the split ends "bonded" to hair so they can not be seen. You need to remove it to avoid having the over oiled look.
* Prell is great for removing silicone, but do not use it if you have hair that has been colored.