How To Remove Acne Scars
“Arrgghhh! Those ugly acne scars just refuse to leave my face. I am not going out with these ugly spots on my face. Oh God, I am doomed. Sob sob.” And what follows is a series of complaints on how God is unfair. But is God really that unfair? Nah! God may have given you the scars, but He has also given you a lot of options to exercise so that you can rid yourself of these terrible marks for good. Only the will has to be yours. Acne is a common ailment that haunts youngsters across the world. The reasons can be any from lack of sleep and unhealthy eating habits to pollution and hormonal imbalance. However, the problem is definitely not huge enough to keep you indoors for life. And if you trust the experts, acne and its scars are nothing to worry about. They tend to haunt for sometime post which they return to their scary underworld. But while the time they stay, they don’t make life pleasant for the sufferer. So, don’t go brooding about those unsightly marks. Instead, gather up your will and do some simple stuff mentioned below to get rid of those evil scars for good. Removing Acne Scars
- Take fresh lemon juice and dip cotton wool in it. Pat your face with this cotton and let it dry. Some people may find the lemon juice irritating. In that case, you can dilute it in some water or rose-water. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash your face with water after that. Do this at least four times a week and you will find considerable change.
- Make a paste with some sandalwood powder and rose-water. Add 2-4 drops of lime juice to it. Apply this paste on your face and neck and let it dry completely. After that, rinse your face with cool water and wipe off the paste with cotton wool. Do this on a regular basis (twice a week) to get good results.
- Apply cucumber juice on your face with cotton wool. In summers, you can do this almost daily, as it helps cool off the skin and tightens the pores as well. Cucumber juice is very helpful is making your skin glow and make it feel fresh.
- A popular homemade remedy for removing acne marks is to make a paste of apple and honey. Make the apple paste first and then add 4-6 drops of honey. Apply this mask on your face. Wash off after 15 minutes. This will tighten pores and make your complexion light.
- Another effective way to get rid of acne marks would be to use baking soda. Take a small amount of baking soda and mix it with water, allowing it to foam. Now, rub it in the pigmented area in circular motions, before rinsing it off with water. The abrasive quality of baking soda helps in exfoliating pigmented cells.
- Camphor powder, when mixed with coconut oil, is found effective in treating acne marks. Apply the paste on the acne scars and wait for a few minutes, before washing it off.
- A mixture of tea tree oil and almond oil is also found effective in treating acne scars. It unclogs the pores, thereby reducing the pigmentation associated with acne.
- A natural way to get rid of acne marks would be to smear fruit pulp on the acne region and leave it for about 20 minutes. The fruit acid and collagen present in the pulp would help treat acne. Pulp of papaya, orange and pineapple are also great for the purpose.