How To Relax
Time was when people would have looked askance if you had asked them if they knew how to relax. For those were the days when people had time on their hands, stress was low and work itself was the best relaxation that was offered. Cut to the present generation and your simple query will be met with a resigned shrug. This despondency is due to the reluctance of some people to face the fact that relaxation, has, now become a luxury that they have no time for. In short, many people, nowadays, donít care if they are stressed out or not, but only want to ensure that the work gets done. And so they work at a feverish pace, until the brutal truth is brought home by no less a person than the doctor. Before you realize it, you face hundreds of ailments, ranging from headache to loss of energy to stroke. This is because many people donít realize that the body, and the mind acts like a spring. You can stretch them as you like, but when you leave, they will return to the original position. But what happens when you keep on stretching without leaving? In time, the mind and the body, like the spring, fails to bounce back and what you have left is no more the good old spring or the body or mind that you had once. This is why relaxation is so much important. Relaxation, for the body and mind, is like leaving the stretched spring. It is to help the body bounce back, and so it is important that you relax every day, since nowadays the mind and the body is subjected to stress like never before. Read below to learn how you can do so. Tips To Relax
Relaxing The Body
- Relaxing is basically to give an outlet to the stress buildup. So, to relax properly, you must first identify stress. This is because most people donít know that they are experiencing stress. There are various ways in which you can identify stress like you donít have time on your hands because of the work burden, you have become short tempered and irritable or there is a disruption in your eating pattern.
- Now that you have identified that you are stressed out, you must prepare your body and mind for relaxation. This you can do so by letting go of guilt, and sleeping for a good six to eight hours every day.
- Now you have to make the time and space in your busy schedule to relax. Set a time of about 15 to 30 minutes every day, so that you can spend it in relaxing.
Relaxing The Mind
- The best way to relax the body is through breathing exercises. To practice breathing techniques, you should do some slow breathing, while actively concentrating on it. In times of stress or otherwise, resorting to this technique is the best way to calm the body.
- Breathing techniques are so popular, because they are easy to do. Just sit in a relaxed position, close the eyes and inhale through the eyes and exhale through the mouth. Inhale deeply to the count of five and then exhale slowly again to the count of five.
- Perform simple exercises every day. Exercises are scientifically proven to reduce stress. For at least 30 minutes every day, you can go for a walk in the park or ride the bicycle. Instead of using the elevators take the stairs. A very good and simple exercise is swimming.
- For at least once a week, try to go for a massage. A body massage rejuvenates the body and relaxes all the parched nerves.
- Negative thinking stresses the mind more than anything else. That is why the best way to relax the mind is to think positively. Positive thinking is all about avoiding negative overlays even in the most stressful situations.
- Try to visualize a calm and relaxed scene. Imagine anything that makes you feel calm and relaxed like beaches or verdant hills or a garden of flowers. The trick is to picture anything that improves your outlook, so that you stay calm and relaxed.
- Practice yoga and meditations every day, preferably in the morning. These are the best techniques to calm not only your mind, but the body as well. Meditating or doing yoga for at least 15 minutes every day will do wonders for your mind, leaving you relaxed and settled.