How To Prevent Strep Throat
A strep throat is basically an infection of the mucous membranes lining the pharynx. It is caused by bacteria and at times, infects the tonsils as well. Though it can affect anyone, school children are more prone to strep throat. Moreover, people who smoke or live in damp and crowded conditions are also readily infected with strep throat. The condition is also called as Streptococcal sore throat and occurs mostly during November and April. In case, you wish to know how to prevent a sore throat, read the tips given below. Tips for Preventing Strep Throat
- Keep your mouth covered, so that the bacteria from a sick person do not enter your system.
- Do not come in contact with a sick personís used tissues.
- Wash your hands thoroughly, as they carry a large percentage of the strep throat bacteria. Make sure you do this especially before eating or cooking food and after touching the infected person.
- You can use hand sanitizers to kill bacteria, but it should not be used as a substitute for hand washing.
- Keep the scrapes and sores clean. The cuts can also get infected with the strep bacteria. Thus, keep your wounds or injuries clean.
- Take daily dose of vitamins. Vitamins enhance body's immunity and even fight the little bacteria responsible for strep throat.