How To Get Rid Of Sore Throat
Sore throat is one of the most annoying symptoms of cold and flu. The most common task of swallowing air, water, and food becomes tough and often a scratchy or itchy feeling crops up in the throat. Speaking becomes difficult and a constant pain accompanies us everywhere. Actually, sore throat is an inflammation of pharynx and is generally suffered by millions of people because of climate change or by some other reasons. However, there are ways to combat sore throat. With the help of some home remedies, the pain and the itchy feeling can be alleviated. Explore the following pointers to know home remedies for getting rid of sore throat.
Home Remedies For Getting Rid Of Sore Throat:
- The good old method of having hot soups and drinks works well. Take loads of hot soups especially chicken soup, as it helps in easing the pain, and gives relief to your throat.
- Add a little bit of salt to lemon juice and drink it. It will help you in getting rid of sore throat. You can also blend ginger juice with lemon juice and run down the throat to give yourself relief from the itchy feeling in the throat. Lemon too is good in getting rid of sore throat. Get a lemon and cut it in half, now roast it until the skin becomes golden colored. Now squeeze the juice, add a spoon of honey to it, and drink it.
- Gargling with warm water always helps in getting rid of sore throat. Add a little salt to lukewarm water and gargle with it three to five times in a day. You would soon find relief. For better results, you can also mix up a cayenne pepper powder (very small amount) with warm water and gargle with it.
- The homemade concoction of mint tea with honey also works wonder for your sore throat. Mix a spoon of honey in a cup of mint tea and take it two times in a day.
- One yummy way to beat sore throat is by having well-beaten egg whites.
- If nothing else is handy, you can also sip a glass of warm water. It helps in stretching the muscles and thus helps in relieving from the throat pain.
- If you donít like tea, you can heat apple juice in microwave and drink it in the same way you would drink tea. It will help in easing the pain. Similarly, you can also warm orange juice and have it with honey.
- Add a cough drop to your tea and blend it until it melts. Now drink the brew. It might taste bitter but it will assist you in getting rid of sore throat.
- Mixing one spoon of turmeric with a cup of warm water and have it in one go. It would taste awful but itís totally worth it.
- Equal quantity of lemon, vinegar, and honey taken several times a day helps in getting rid of sore throat.
- Take hot showers and ample sleep. However, if the symptom persists for more than three days and is accompanied by stiff neck, fever, nausea, rashes, then take medical help without fail.
- Even tangy tamarind is beneficial in case of sore throat. You can either gargle with tamarind water or gargle with the water boiled with tamarind leaves and bark.
- Simmer half-liter water with two-tea spoon of fenugreek seeds and allow it to boil on low for half an hour. Allow it to cool for tolerable temperature and now gargle with the water.
- Holy basil is wonderful in easing pain in sore throat. Either make tea with Holy Basil or gargle with the water boiled with it.