How To Get Rid Of Sinus Infection
Sinus infection has become extremely widespread and today, it affects a significant proportion of the population. A sinus attack is the result of an infection in the sinuses i.e. the cavities present in the bones that are near the nose. The infection leads to swelling of the sinuses, resulting in difficult breathing, fever, headaches and a load of other problems. However, if you manage to curtail the infection in time, you can save yourself from the resultant discomfort, to quite an extent. The home treatments given in the following lines will tell you how to get rid of sinus infection, quickly and effectively. Home Remedies For Sinus Infection
- Put 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Drink the solution, in one gulp, 3-4 times in a day.
- You can use a hot-water bottle, an infrared lamp or a warm flannel over the congested area. It can ease the congestion to quite an extent.
- Applying hot compresses or poultices to your sinuses can help in easing off the symptoms associated with the infection.
- Inhalation of steam has long been associated with alleviation of the sinus symptoms.
- Drink a decongestant Elder Flower (Sambucus nigra) herbal tea, added with a pinch of powdered cayenne pepper.
- You can apply a paste of cinnamon and water on the forehead. It can help lessen the headache.
- Prepare a decoction of mustard seed powder and water and put a few drops of it, in the nostrils.
- Eating jalapeno peppers and drinking juice of ripe grapes is said to be beneficial for those suffering from sinus infection.
- Make a paste of grated ginger and water, or milk, and apply it on your forehead.
- Grind basil leaves, cloves and dried ginger together and form a paste. Smear it on your forehead.
- Inhaling steam of eucalyptus oil has been found to help assuage the discomforts associated with sinus.
- Do not forget to drink lots of fluids, including water, and take proper rest.