How To Get Rid Of Canker Sores
Canker sores, also known as mouth ulcers, can be described as shallow, painful sores that occur inside the mouth. They are usually red in color, but sometimes, might have a white crest. The probable places in the mouth, where cankers sores occur, are inner sides of the lips, insides of the cheeks, base of the gums and under the tongue. Though their exact cause is not known, mouth ulcers are usually associated with stress, poor nutrition, improper digestion, food allergies and menstrual periods. In the following lines, we have provided a number of home remedies for curing them. Read on and know how to get rid of canker sores or mouth ulcers. Cures & Treatments for Mouth Ulcers
- Aloe Vera juice has been found to be quite effective against canker sores. Use it to rinse your mouth, several times a day.
- Alum spice works well on canker sores, with the only problem being that it burns like hell for a few minutes. Apply it once or twice a day and rinse your mouth after the pain has subsided.
- Apply clove oil to the canker sores, directly. It will help in easing off the pain.
- Avoid salty, spicy and acidic foods as much as possible. They will only aggravate the problem.
- Brush your teeth properly and rinse your mouth with antibacterial mouthwash often.
- Chewing on papaya leaves has been said to help in getting rid of the canker sores.
- Drink Cranberry juice between meals. It will help ease the pain and also heal the canker sores.
- Drink sage tea. After taking a sip, swish it around in your mouth. It will help get rid of the canker sores.
- Make a paste of baking soda, with water. Apply it on the sores once or twice daily. Be prepared for a stinging sensation on application.
- Mix 1 tsp honey with 1/4 tsp turmeric. Use a cotton swab to dab it on the canker sores.
- Mix some salt with vinegar. Use the solution to rinse the canker sores, three times a day.
- Moisten a regular tea bag and place it directly on the canker sores. It helps in drying out the sores.
- One of the major reasons for canker sores is stress. So, if you are prone to the problem, try to take your mind off tensions and relax.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water, mixed with a little salt, several times in a day.
- Try using plum juice as a mouthwash. It will help get rid of the problem soon.
- Use a hydrogen peroxide mouthwash. It will help clean the canker sore and also kill the bacteria.