Home Exercise Tips
We live in a very busy world, where there is hardly time to even sit down and have a relaxed meal. In such a scenario, going to the gym is almost like a luxury. However, this does not mean that you have to compromise on your health. Rather, you should start exercising at home itself. It does not matter that you are lifting weights, using the stationery cycle, jumping rope or doing aerobics. What is more important is that you are making efforts to keep your body in shape. In case the idea of home exercise appeals to you, go through the following lines and explore some tips in this regard. Exercising At Home
- Before you begin any exercise program at home, it is advisable to get a full physical check up done. This is done to ensure that you do not end up harming your body, through any exercise.
- It is always good to get a consultation from a personal trainer in your neighborhood. He/ she will be able to tell you the level the fitness that you have at present, the amount of weight you need to lose and the right way to start an exercise program.
- If you plan to start exercising at home, remember the golden rule 'slow and steady wins the race'. You need to start at a gradual pace initially and increase it, with time.
- Make warm up and cool down exercises a part of your daily exercise routine. Apart from increasing the effectiveness of your workout, they would also help prevent any injury.
- At home, there is no trainer to keep a check on your workout or your progress. So, you will have to self-monitor yourself and keep the thoughts of cheating far away from your mind.
- One of the best ways to workout at home is to get an exercise buddy, be it your spouse or your friend. Both of you would be able to motivate each other and also put off the other from trying to cheat.
- At the end of every day, write the amount of time you spent in exercising and the type as well as duration of each exercise. Also, note down the improvements that you are experiencing over time.
- Make out a schedule for your workout, say one hour in the morning or 40 minutes in the evening, and stick to it. Nothing should keep you away from your workout, except emergencies.
- Consume any protein drink only half to one hour after your workout is over, since by that time, the muscles start relaxing and rebuilding. As for a normal meal, it should be taken only after 2-3 hours and comprise more of protein.
- Plan short-term goals for your workout, say weekly goals, and reward yourself when you reach them. However, the reward should not be high-calorie food. Rather, buy yourself a new dress or go for a relaxing massage.
- Try to incorporate healthy activities in your routine life, like taking stairs instead of lift, walking down to the nearest market instead of driving out, and so on. It will increase the effectiveness of your workout.