Health Benefits Of Bilberry
Bilberry is a powerful anti-inflammatory herb, made out of a small blueberry, which is closely related to the family of blueberries and cranberries. The herb is also an antioxidant and can be very effective in reducing the blood sugar levels. It contains flavonoids that protect the collagen structures in the blood vessels of the eye. Bilberry has been used for medical purpose over centuries. This herb can even treat critical problems like diarrhea, dysentery, hemorrhoids and gastrointestinal inflammation, thanks to its astringent, tonic and antiseptic properties. There are many more health benefits that are associated with the herb. To know more about the various nutrition benefits of eating bilberry, browse through the following lines. Nutrition Benefits Of Eating Bilberry:
- Bilberry is considered very effective in improving night vision. It contains high levels of natural antioxidant compounds. These antioxidants protect the eye from any kind of damage caused by free radicals. It also strengthens the small blood vessels, thereby improving the oxygen flow to the eyes.
- Bilberry leaves can also be used to reduce blood sugar level. Bilberry contains hypoglycemic properties that help the body fight against diabetes. It can be used as a tropical treatment in the form of a decoction in tea. It is also useful in treating chronic venous insufficiency. It can also be helpful in treating mouth inflammation, skin infections and burns.
- Bilberry is high in flavonoids, known as Anthocyanosides. This element help quicken the regeneration of Rhodospin, a purple substance which is used as rods by eyes for night vision. It can also be useful in treating macular degeneration, cataract and diabetic retinopathy.
- Bilberry can be used to treat diarrhea, varicose veins and mucous membrane inflammation. This herb is also useful in the treatment of atherosclerosis and hardening of the arteries.
- It is used to treat venous insufficiency in Europe. It is a condition that causes swelling and varicose veins. Bilberry relieves any sort of pain and itching and also combats skin ulcers on legs. Reynaud’s disease can also be treated by the consumption of bilberry.
- People with poor vision can adapt well to darkness, after the use of bilberry. The extract from bilberry helps in improving the functional ability of eyes and other organs. It can also treat bruising and general subcutaneous bleeding. Bilberry eases inflammation that occurs in osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gum disease.
- Bilberries can also prove to be useful in treating atherosclerosis, by strengthening the artery walls. Bilberry with honey is a common home remedy for diarrhea. It is also useful in curing peptic ulcers, fibrocystic breast diseases and painful menstruation.