Health Benefits Of Avocado Oil
Avocado oil is a form of edible oil derived from the fresh pulp of avocado fruit. It has a rich, lingering flavor of avocados and the aroma of artichokes and celery. It is used for both cooking and cosmetic purposes. Loaded with proteins, lecithin, beta-carotene and vitamins A, C and E, avocado oil provides various health advantages. The oil is often compared to olive oil for its apparently healthy ratio of saturated and unsaturated fats. Though the benefits of avocado oil outweigh those of extra-virgin olive oil, the use of oil is more limited. The oil is rich in monounsaturated fats, which are found only in plant products such as avocados and olive and their oils.
Nutrition Benefits of Avocado Oil:
- Since avocado oil contains plenty of vitamins and minerals, it helps people suffering from malnutrition.
- Rich in nutrients, it is beneficial for male impotency, constipation, insomnia, nervousness and ulcers.
- It is useful in the inflamed conditions of the mucous membranes, especially stomach, small intestine and colon.
- Extremely rich in monounsaturated oleic acid (OA), avocado oil protects the cardiovascular system. It reduces blood concentration of low density lipoproteins (LDL) and triglyceride, hence lowering the potential for plaque formation and vessel blockage.
- Containing essential fatty acids and vitamin E, avocado oil protects blood vessels by binding and removing free radicals and cholesterol deposits.
- Avocado oil contains alpha linolenic acid (ALA), which is known to suppress tumor growth in breast and colon cancers. It is also effective in preventing and treating skin and prostate cancer.
- Avocado oil has strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in the faster healing of cuts and wounds, preventing scarring, acne breakouts and dermatitis.
- Consumption as well as topical application of avocado oil effectively reduces the appearance of age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Applying avocado oil on hair and skin prevents the loss of moisture due to wind and climate damage.
- Avocado oil consumption boosts metabolism thus, helping in maintaining the body weight.
- It is an extremely good moisturizing and nourishing compound that helps in the regeneration and rejuvenation of the skin.
- Being easily absorbed in the skin, avocado oil relieves the dryness and itching of psoriasis and eczema.
- Avocado oil can be used in place of other oils to give a new flavor to the food.
- Stir avocado oil into avocado dips, guacamole and avocado soup and others to heighten their flavor.
- Drizzle some oil over mozzarella cheese and tomato salad. Season with salt, black pepper, lemon juice and basil to give an extraordinary flavor to the preparation.
- Use avocado oil in various other preparations such as chicken, sea food, salmon, prawns, artichokes, etc.
- People suffering from a known allergy or hypersensitivity to avocado should not consume avocado oil. Such allergies include anaphylaxis, hives, vomiting, itching, eczema, reddening of the skin, intestinal spasms or bronchial asthma.
- Patients with compromised liver function should consult a physician before consuming avocado oil.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid taking avocado oil.