Get Rid of That Summer Shine
There is a clear difference between fresh dewy skin and oily, sweaty shine; and in the summer months, itís hard to avoid the less appealing of the two. When the weather gets hotter and the air more humid, unfortunately, faces tend to get shinier. Luckily, there are ways to combat this heat-induced beauty disaster.
Here are some useful beauty tips for fighting summer shine:
1. Oil Blotting Sheets- Having a pack of oil blotting sheets in your purse is a good idea. Itís the fastest on-the-go method to get rid of shine. Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets are an affordable favorite of mine. If you left your sheets at home, go to the closest public restroom and rip up a toilet seat cover and blot your face. Surprisingly itís a great makeshift oil absorber!
2. Pick the Right Moisturizer- When looking for a moisturizer, make sure to get one that is light and oil-free. Another affordable favorite is the classic Olay Beauty Fluid which leaves you fresh and moisturized but without that heavy, greasy feel.
3. Pick the Right SPF- Since we all know that you canít skip sunscreen especially when you spend your time in the summer sunshine, be sure to once again find one that is light and oil-free. Look for the bottle that says non-comedogenic because no one wants a heavy, pore-clogging SPF.
4. Pick the Right Cleanser- Make sure you choose a cleanser that doesnít dry out your skin. If you constantly wash your face and your skin is left dry, ultimately your skin starts producing more oil. Try out a few cleansers until you find one that makes you feel fresh and clean but not dry.
5. Less Makeup- Heavy face makeup clogs your pores which leads to the production of more oils. Try lightening up your usual routine by foregoing heavy liquid foundation and switching to just tinted moisturizer or mineral makeup. This will help with breakouts and oil production.
6. Primer- Having a makeup primer does wonders for your beauty routine. Not only does it keep your foundation in place all day, but if you get a primer that provides a matte finish, you donít have to worry about a shiny forehead.