Ganoderma Side Effects
On the first look, ganoderma looks like the ugly version of an apple snail that has been brutally trampled upon, not cracking its shell but almost flattening it. On looking closer, you will find that it is a beautiful bright reddish brown mushroom with milky white borders, and a varnished look. And its shape more or less looks like a Japanese hand fan, complete with differently layered stripes. However, its astounding physical beauty is nothing compared to the variety of medicinal properties that it boasts of. In Asia, the ganoderma is almost revered for its medicinal properties, and it is said that the Chinese have been using this mushroom for more than 4000 years to treat various ailments. One particular species of ganoderma, Ganoderma lucidum is known as the "herb of spiritual potency", which because of its near total absence of side effects is considered to be the pinnacle of herbs. According to various studies, ganoderma is said to possess anti-tumor, immunomodulatory and immunotherapeutic properties aside from a host of other therapeutic benefits. Because of its anti-tumor properties, it is widely studied so as to develop a cure for cancer. In all this, its side effects, though minimal cannot be overlooked. The side effects of ganoderma are not severe, and they are considered more as temporary reactions, and they generally disappear within a few days. However, knowing the side effects will always keep you on the safer side. Read below to know more. Adverse Effects Of Ganoderma
- When people with high blood pressure take ganoderma, their blood pressure slowly goes higher. However, this effect only stays in the beginning and after a certain period, the blood pressure comes down.
- People suffering from diabetes also undergo the same effect. The ganoderma at first increases the blood sugar level and then it slowly comes down.
- If ganoderma is taken to cure chronic stomachache then the pain at first will get more severe and then slowly subside.
- Ganoderma can sometimes cause the blockage of blood circulation in some parts of the body. This can cause extreme pain in those parts. If there is any internal injury, then taking ganoderma can result in additional pain in those injured areas.
- If the body has too much toxins then taking ganoderma can cause itching in the body. You will also experience body itch if you have any sort of liver problem or take medications like steroids, sleeping pills, and painkillers. There is also the development of pimple like spots in the skin which itches constantly. However, once the toxins are removed from the body then the itching and the spots disappear.
- Because ganoderma has excellent detoxification properties, it can cause the development of acne. However, once all the toxins are eliminated then the acne also disappears.
- Ganoderma also causes diarrhea as the toxins are then eliminated through the intestines. In few days when the toxins are cleared from the body, the diarrhea also reduces.
- When people suffering from weak kidney take ganoderma then it can give rise to swollen legs. This is also true for people who are suffering from diabetes. This is because weak kidney and diabetes causes water retention, which is enhanced by ganoderma.
- In some people, the stomach can also get upset. Some people also experience mild nausea.
- Ganoderma is also said to cause dizziness in some people.
- It can also cause dryness in the mouth, throat, and nose.
- If ganoderma is taken along with other medications like anticoagulants and hypoglycemic drugs then it can affect the workings of those medications.
- Ganoderma, if taken in high doses can cause bleeding of the nose.