Forehead Acne Causes
Acne or ĎAcne Vulgarisí, is a common skin disorder suffered by most of the people at some point of life. Acne is a skin disorder that is caused when the pores of the skin get blocked, due to excess oil and dead skin cells. Acne is a situation that normally appears in the younger age group and aggravates along with the age of the person. Experts believe that the perils of acne end by the mid or late twenties, but there are several causes that can make the acne problem to persist, even when the person is above 40 years of age. Forehead is more prone to this allergic reaction, because it is always exposed to dust and dirt that gets accumulated to add up to the infection. Another reason is that skin pores that are close to one another tend to have sebum collect in them, thus increasing rate of incidence of acne. The close proximity of the hair follicles also cannot be ruled out as a reason for forehead acne. It is essential for sufferers to be aware of the real cause of forehead acne. Knowing the cause would help a person take effective preventive measure, thereby eradicating the problem completely. Read on further to know the causes of forehead acne. Causes Of Forehead Acne
- Acne is caused when sebum, an oily substance produced by the sebaceous glands in the skin, gets mixed with dead skin cells, to form a plug in the follicles of the skin. When these follicles plug come in contact with acne causing bacteria, it leads to infections and wounds, thereby causing inflammation in the skin. In few cases, the follicle walls erupt affecting the neighboring follicles thereby spreading the infection and worsening the situation.
- Forehead acne can also be caused due to the hormonal changes that take place during pregnancy or menstrual cycles among women. These hormonal changes can lead to acne in different parts of the body especially forehead.
- Human face is especially amenable to acne breakouts than any other part of the body, forehead and chin being the most common targets. One of the reasons of this can be the close proximity of hair follicles in the forehead, chin and neck. The sebum present in the skin pores lay close to one another, thus increasing the chances of acne.
- Acne can also spread because of the scalp hair. Oil from the scalp can be passed onto the forehead adding up to the formation of bacteria, along with the sebum, in the forehead follicles and giving a medium to the acne to multiply. The swaying of hair from the scalp can cause the dirt and oils to spread across the forehead that exacerbate forehead acne
- Forehead acne can even be caused due to the use of oily cosmetics. Some cosmetic and skin care products contain harmful chemicals and excessive amount of oil. These ingredients of the products provoke the oil secretion of the skin pores that leads to forehead acne.
- In case you are using certain medications like birth control pills and other such medicines, be careful as these pills can also cause forehead acne. On the other hand, a bad and unhealthy diet can also be one of the causes of acne on forehead. A fat and oil content diet leads to blockage of the skin pores, thus causing forehead acne.
- Certain genetic factors can also lead to forehead acnes. People having a hereditary history of acne attacks are more prone to get affected by the acne on forehead.
- A person suffering from high levels of stress and tension can also get acne on their forehead.