Drug Addiction Treatment | Drug Treatment
Drug addiction is a pathological or abnormal condition which arises due to frequent drug use. Are you struggling with a drug problem that’s spiraled out of control? If so, you may feel isolated, helpless, and ashamed. Or perhaps you’re worried about a friend or family member’s drug use. In either case, you’re not alone. Addiction is a problem that many people face.
The issue of drug addiction is often overshadowed by the many of the country's other human development problems, such as poverty, illiteracy and lack of basic health care. But the fact is, drug abuse is rapidly growing in Pakistan and in South Asia in general. While Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Maldives all suffer from this,
Causes of Addiction:
There has been controversy over the cause of addiction. Historically, it was thought that addiction was caused by lack of willpower, by poverty, moral weakness, mental illness, genetics, family socialization, anti social personalities, and societal problems. Some scientists believe drug addiction is a disease, although the evidence to support this theory is weak.
Drug Addiction Symptoms:
* Red, watery eyes; pupils larger or smaller than usual; blank stare.
* Cold, sweaty palms; shaking hands.
* Puffy face, blushing or pale skin.
* Smell of substance on breath, body or clothes.
* Irregular heartbeat.
* Weight loss.
Home Remedies for drug addictions:
1. Grapes: It is one of the most popular and effective home remedies for controlling alcoholic addiction. Whenever you feel like having a drink take a glass of grape juice or eat few grapes.
2. Bitter Gourd: Take some bitter gourd juice mixed with butter milk every morning to curb addiction.
3. Celery: Celery is an excellent home remedy against addiction as the juice obtained from celery makes the alcoholics sober. It must be mixed with water and consumed daily for over a month for best results.
4. Raw Almonds: These are useful in reducing addiction caused by alcohol.
5. Skullcap: This herb is commonly used to manage the withdrawal symptoms of alcoholism.
6. Fruit Juices: Include lots of juices in your diet as it can control the craving for consuming hard drinks.
7. Salami: Eat a sandwich made out of salami and butter on ciabatta bread, which would absorb a fair amount of alcohol from body.
8. Dates: Dates are easily accessible and are quite effective in curing alcoholic addiction. Rubbed dates in water consumed daily can make a significant improvement in the addiction of people suffering from this disorder.