Dangers Of Microwaves
Frenzied lifestyles, strenuous schedules and the rapid burgeoning of two-income families have intervened with the most important hour of the day - mealtime. Today, it is hard to find people clubbed together around the dinner table, talking and eating their meals, as they hungrily polish off their plates. Eating on the run is the new dinner dictum now. With more and more people finding lesser and lesser time to sit and relish their food, leave alone the task of cooking up a decent fare, the microwave seems to have taken over lives in a big way. From lunchrooms to office pantries to kitchens, the microwave indeed seems to have squelched everyone’s desire for instant piping hot meals without having to sweat over the stove with pots and pans. But did you know that a microwave can mar the nutritional content of your food in a big way, leaving your body undernourished and weak? Surf through the possible health hazards of cooking in a microwave and warm yourself to a few useful details. Hazards Of Microwaves
The jury is still open on the pros and cons of microwave cooking. There is a fairly large group that is of the view that microwave cooking is healthy and nutritious. The traditional methods of cooking are absolutely safe and are free of all the alleged dangers associated with microwave. But, on the other hand the microwave cooking is believed to be fast, saves energy and the talk about all the dangers associated with it is still not conclusive. So make your choice judiciously after considering all the ascepts of the debate.
- You may swear by your TV time 'pepperoni pizza', or drool over that scrumptious 'chicken tikka masala', but did you know that these delectable microwave delights that are easy to cook and yummy to eat, are bombed with electromagnetic energy that can convert your food into vicious carcinogens? It is inferred that microwaves attack the food with magnetron, thereby damaging the ‘structural isomerism’ of the food and converting 'glucoside', 'galactoside', 'plant alkaloids', milk and cereals into carcinogens.
- Did you know that nuking your food in the microwave could deplete it off its nutritional content by 60 to 90%? Apart from sapping your food of all its essential nutritional components like vitamin B 12 and flavonoids, microwave cooking can break down the levels of ‘glucosides’, ‘nitrilosides’ and ‘alkaloids’ present in the vegetables and lower the levels of vitamin C and E. What’s more, cooking or heating your food in the microwave can upset the levels of essential minerals and lipotropic factors significantly, and leave your food totally drained of nutrients.
- How often have you tossed in your feeding bottle in the microwave and impatiently waited for it to heat up while your tot howled in hunger? Heating baby food and feeding bottles in the microwave may be the ultimate solution for mums-on-the-go, but are you aware that microwaving expressed breast milk and infant milk formulas can significantly destroy the digestive enzymes and nutrients, leaving your babies undernourished? The microwave converts the amino acids in baby formulas into synthetic isomers, which are biologically inactive, and can be very harmful for your child’s nervous system and kidneys.
- You return completely famished from work, rush to your refrigerator, grab your dinner, push it inside the microwave, and wait for the beep before you dive deep into the vat of brown rice and meat. However, did you know that heating food in plastic containers and bowls can leave you with diabetes, obesity, early puberty and even cancer? Plastic containers and wraps often contain chemical toxins like ‘Bisphenol A’ that seep into into your food when heated, leaving you at the risk of severe health problems.
- If the above-mentioned reasons aren’t good enough to convince you of the possible health hazards of cooking and heating food up with the microwave, then know that microwave cooking can impair the human immune system and cause loss of memory, emotional disorders, decreased hormone production and poor IQ.