Cold Sore Treatment Tips: {Home Remedies}

Here are several different methods that I’ve tried for healing or preventing cold sores from forming and they have worked for me.
It’s most effective to apply treatment as soon as you notice the “tingling” that happens right before a blister appears. Some of the methods can burn or cause a sting, numb the spot with an ice cube first if that bothers you.
Try *one* of the methods below, do not apply everything all at the same time.

• Perfume
  • Vodka
  • Nail Polish Remover
  • Toothpaste dabbed on the blister spot and left there as long as possible.
  • Tea Tree Oil (melaleuca oil)
  • Vinegar
  • Baking Soda
  • Hydrogen Peroxide
  • Tips
  • Keep dabbing and applying the treatment until blister disappears. I know some people pick and poke and try to get the sore to pop or drain, but that’s never worked well for me (bigger mess and possible scar to deal with).
  • Also I find it helps to keep the lips covered with chapstick or lip balm, slather it constantly as soon as I feel a blister forming.
  • Please remember to use separate hand towels, bath towels, and wash cloths when you have a cold sore, it’s the herpes simplex virus and its very contagious. Also avoid sharing utensils, dishes, cups and avoid kissing for awhile.
  • This virus can cause blindness if it gets in your eyes, so avoid touching them unless you have thoroughly washed your hands first.