Cocoa Health Benefits
Do you love your chocolate fondue, sinful mousse and chocolate brownie and canít think of your fuzzy winter evenings devoid of a piping hot mug of chocolate? Well, for all the chocolate lovers out there who find it absolutely hard to get over their sinful temptation, here is one good reason why you ought to hold on to your bar of chocolate harder. Chocolate contains cocoa, the yummy aphrodisiac that not only refines the color, taste and aroma of your chocolate, but also comes loaded with a good amount of health benefits. Apart from being a mood enhancer, this truly amazing bean is revered as it is a rich source of antioxidants, flavonoids, and a lot of other brain and body-boosting elements. So just gobble down mouth-watering cocoa and treat yourself to some great taste and health. To discover more on the paybacks of cocoa, read the sections that follow. Health Benefits Of Cocoa
- The delectable cocoa definitely has its highs and lows and of all the good things that cocoa can do to your body apart from warming your taste buds to its yummilicious flavor is that it lowers your blood pressure. Cocoa is rich in flavanoids that can bring down your systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Whatís more, cocoa contains polypheols that helps to keep all threats of cardiovascular diseases at bay. So what are you waiting for, grab that yummy bar of dark chocolate and get indulging in good health.
- Have you ever been to a spa and indulged in a luscious chocolate facial that left your skin glowing? Cocoa is not just good for your heart, but is equally wonderful for your skin that makes it a favorite beauty ingredient of all times. Cocoa contains high-flavanol that not only helps to fend off blemishes and dark spots and reduce tanning, but also takes off years from your skin, leaving you glowing with younger and smoother looking skin. To add to this, researchers have found that cocoa is anti-cancerous in nature and can be the ultimate drug for preventing skin cancer.
- If you thought that a good heart and good skin is all what cocoa had to offer, know that organic cocoa is a rich source of antioxidants and contains phenolic compounds, also found in green tea and red wine. Cocoa not only helps to detoxify the body, but also helps boost body immunity, reduce cholesterol-oxidation and macular degeneration.
- Feeling lost and low? Just bite into a bar of chocolate or sip some hot chocolate and see your mood pep up in no time. Cocoa is feted as a great antidepressant that can drive out all blues and leave you feeling high. So the next time you hit the dumps, just buy yourself a bar of dark rich chocolate and shoo off all bad feelings all at once.
- Believe it or not, consuming cocoa can give you relief from diarrhea at once. Itís found that cocoa contains flavanoids that helps to inhibit fluid secretion to the intestine thus offering quick relief from bowel disorders.