| | Bladder Infection Remedies
Does a painful burning make you dread those inevitable trips to the loo? If so, itís likely that you are suffering from a bladder infection. Donít ignore the pain as the infection can affect your kidneys in no time. Bladder Infection is the most common type of urinary tract infection wherein the urinary bladder gets inflamed because of bacteria. Known as cystitis in medical terms, it commonly affects women and rarely occurs among men. Almost one-fifth of women get affected at least once in their lifetime. This could be because women have a shorter urethra making it easier for bacteria to reach the bladder. Also, the proximity of the vagina and anus cause easy movement of the bacteria, like E-coli, into the bladder. Bladder infections give an acute burning pain in the bladder or in the urethra, as you urinate. You may also want to make frequent trips to the nearest bathroom as you are overcome by troublesome bouts of urgency to relieve yourself. If left untreated, it can advance to a stage where you might find traces of blood in your urine and/or pain in the kidneys. While antibiotics are usually prescribed by doctors to treat the infection, there are several effective home remedies too that can help. Read on for ways to treat bladder infection with these. Bladder Infection Home Remedies
- A teaspoon of something as simple as pure homemade garlic juice is known to be very helpful. It can effectively kill the bacteria responsible for bladder infections.
- Mix one teaspoon each of olive oil and garlic juice in a glass of warm water. Drink thrice a day before each meal.
- Cucumber possesses amazing diuretic effects. Mix one teaspoon of honey with a tablespoon of fresh lime juice to one cup of cucumber juice. Take three times a day.
- Juice, extracts or pill supplements of cranberry juice help removal the infection causing bacteria.
- Take a spoon of dried or fresh parsley leaves and boil in water to prepare their tea. You can continue this treatment for a few days.
- Cinnamon and a tinge of herbs like buchu, uva ursi and juniper berries are also known to have antispetic qualities useful in cleaning the bladder.
- To reduce the burning sensation, add a teaspoon of lemon juice to 180 ml of boiling water. Sip 60 ml of this mixture every two hours. Lemon contains vitamin C, which can hamper the mobility of harmful bacteria.
- Drink three glasses of pomegranate juice every day. Pomegranate is known to be very effective in combating this disorder.
- Cystitis can be treated with fresh spinach juice. Spinach is rich in potassium and nitrates which are effective and safe diuretics.
- To prevent the spread of bladder infection, add one teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of water. Soda hastens the recovery by neutralizing the acidity in your urine.
- Extract one teaspoon of juice from drumstick flowers and mix it with half a glass of coconut water. Take this twice a day.
- Avoid spicy food, caffeine, alcohol and nicotine as these can irritate the already inflamed bladder.
- Consume five drops of sandalwood oil initially, steadily increasing it to ten to thirty drops. Continue for a few days.
- Donít forget to drink at least ten to twelve glasses of water per day to fight the infection. This makes you urinate frequently, resulting in an easy flushing of the bacteria.