Bizarre Beauty Treatments

I’ll admit that some of the beauty routines that I deem normal may seem a bit odd to an outsider, like the green mask I smear on my face and basically every hair removal technique ever. But next to some of these bizzarre beauty treatments my routine will seem as natural as drinking water, even to my male friends who just don’t seem to understand why I would ever go get my eyebrows ripped out by a stranger with string.

Vampire Face Lift

Some people will go to great lengths to avoid any signs of aging and, while I understand creams and anti-aging products, the Vampire Face Lift is a little too much for my squeamish stomach to handle. This procedure involves a doctor injecting blood, drawn from your arm, into your face. It is meant to restore collagen production in your skin, ultimately filling the wrinkles. New York Times explains the science behind this procedure, which seems like one of those Hollywood beauty fads that is sure to be seen on an episode of Real Housewives in the near future.

Beer Baths

Now this might be a beauty routine that my skeptical friends may actually get into. The Chodovar Family Brewery in Prague not only gives tours of the brewery, but also a chance to bathe in a beer concoction. This beauty treatment apparently exfoliates, cleanses, and nourishes your skin, even though the beauty benefits may not be the draw of this spa treatment.

Placenta Products

This is another cringe-worthy skin treatment that many celebs count on. These creams, which stars like Jennifer Lopez and Eva Longoria openly use, contain placenta donated by women after giving birth. The placenta containing products are apparently a miracle cream against signs of aging.

Hershey Chocolate Spa Treatments

Okay, now this is something I can get behind. The Spa At The Hotel Hershey offers various spa treatments featuring their signature chocolate treat. The various spa services offer beauty benefits like soothing, hydrating, and exfoliating your skin. How effective these treatments actually are is questionable, but it doesn’t take much to convince me to sit in a bathtub full of chocolate.