Benefits Of Wheatgrass
Wheatgrass is the name given to young wheat plants, when they are at the same height as ordinary grass. Wheatgrass has been proved to be an extremely healthy food supplement, as it contains 98 of the 102 minerals. It is contains 19 amino-acids, which are said to be the building blocks of the body. It is also a rich source of vitamins, chlorophyll and enzymes, essential for human growth and sustenance. A dark green liquid, which can be derived from this plant, when consumed on a regular basis, can be extremely beneficial for health and immune system. Just a few grams of wheatgrass powder offer the same quantity of essential nutrients to the body, as that of a spinach salad weighing 50 grams. Surprisingly, just one teaspoon of wheatgrass is richer in vitamin-C than one whole orange and the vitamin-A content of wheatgrass is twice as that of carrots. Apart from these great nutritional values, wheatgrass also has immense healing capabilities as well. Read on and know more about the magical properties of wheatgrass. Health Benefits Of Wheatgrass
To derive maximum benefits, make sure that wheatgrass is absolutely organic. It is also important to consume it raw, without blending it with other flavors. Include this magical herb in your daily diet as soon as possible to discover a whole new level of health and wellness.
- Wheatgrass possesses great energizing potential. Two ounces of wheatgrass juice is found to have the same vitamins and minerals content as that of 3 pounds of organic vegetables, or two cups of coffee.
- Wheatgrass juice also carries some of the most essential nutrients. It is a rich source of vital minerals like zinc, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, sodium, sulphur, calcium and cobalt. Wheatgrass juice has around 70% chlorophyll. This chlorophyll gets converted into hemoglobin which then boosts the red blood cells count. This, in turn, increases the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood which ensures that all the body parts get adequate quantity of oxygen and nutrients. It is also found to be advantageous in case of fluctuating blood pressure.
- Wheatgrass is also high in proteins and contains several enzymes. Some of the essential enzymes that are found in wheatgrass are; Protease, which is beneficial in protein digestion; Cytochrome Oxidase, which is an anti-oxidant; and Amylase, which is effective in boosting the digestive process. In addition to these, it also contains amino-acids like Lipase, Transhydrogenase, which are crucial for the strength of the heart muscles as well as Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), highly critical for healing the damage caused by sun’s radiation.
- Wheatgrass is rich in Vitamin B, C, E and carotene. All of these are highly efficacious in wiping out free radicals from the body. With sufficient saponin content, wheatgrass also boosts the lymphatic system of the body. Being anti-bacterial, it detoxifies the body by flushing away deleterious toxins from the body cells. It is also capable of crushing the hardened mucous. Drink wheatgrass juice on empty stomach to keep your organs feeling fresh and rejuvenated. To gain the maximum benefits, try to include it in your regular diet.
- Amino acids, also referred to as the ‘building blocks of protein’, are found in high quantity in wheatgrass. Amino acids are crucial for human growth and reproduction of the cells within the body. Amino acids such as arginine, serine, absenisic, lysine, aspartic acid, glycine, alanine, methionine, leucine, tryptophane, phenylalanine and valine etc., are found in wheatgrass in adequate quantities. Thus, it is extremely essential for fitness enthusiasts to include wheatgrass powder or juice in their daily diet.
- When applied externally, wheatgrass can offer relief from itching in no time. It has also been proven to be effective as a disinfectant and restores natural colour to sun-burnt skin. Wheatgrass can be beneficial in combating hair related discrepancies also and can soothe itchy and scaly scalp. Rub wheatgrass on your scalp and see the benefits. Moreover, wheatgrass is also efficacious in healing burns, scrapes, rashes, cuts, poison ivy infection, insect bites, boils, athlete's foot, sores and open ulcers.
- It is also effective in restoring the alkalinity of the blood. As it is rich in alkaline minerals, it helps in curbing the acid content of the blood. Consumption of wheatgrass also heals internal pains. Wheatgrass is widely used for the treatment of peptic ulcers, constipation, ulcerative colitis and diarrhea.
- Consumption of wheatgrass can even slow down the process of aging. It tightens up loose skin. It contributes towards making your nervous system stronger and increases mental clarity and also contributes towards improving eyesight.
- Did you know that wheatgrass can create a healthy atmosphere around you? All you need is some land or pots around you to place wheatgrass in; it purifies the air around you and offers you the benefits of a healthy life.