Benefits Of Strawberry
Strawberry is one of the fruits that almost everybody loves. First grown in Europe in the early 18th century, the fruit is today cultivated in almost all the cold countries of the world. Strawberries are used as one of the major ingredients in a number of food items, like ice creams, milkshakes, smoothies, pies, yogurts, and so on. The fruit not only tastes extremely delicious, it also packs a lot of nutritional value within itself, according the consumers a large number of health benefits. The only problem with strawberries is that they perish pretty quickly and easily. In the following lines, we tell you about the nutrition benefits of eating strawberries. Nutritional Value of Strawberry 1 cup (around 145-150 gm) of strawberrycomprises of the following nutrients:
Health and Nutrition Benefits of Eating Strawberries
- Protein - 1 gm
- Carbohydrates - 10.5 gm
- Fat - 0.6 gm (No Saturated Fat)
- Fiber - 1.6 gm
- Vitamin A - 3 RE
- Vitamin C - 84.5 mg
- Thiamin - 0.1 mg
- Riboflavin - 0.1 mg
- Niacin - 0.4 mg
- Vitamin B6 - 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B12 - 0.1 mcg.
- Folic Acid - 26.4 mcg
- Sodium - 2 mg
- Calcium - 21 mg
- Iron - 0.6 mg
- Potassium - 247 mg
- Zinc - 0.2 mg
- Magnesium - 16 mg
- Calories - 45 (kcal)
- Rubbing a cut strawberry on teeth and gums helps remove tartar, apart from strengthening and healing the gums.
- Since strawberries are rich in fiber, they help the body in absorbing nutrients.
- Strawberries are good for diabetics, as they help stabilize the level of blood glucose.
- Strawberries are said to help in regulating blood pressure and thus, diminishing the risk of heart disease.
- Strawberries have been associated with inhibiting the production of cholesterol in the liver.
- Strawberries have been known to help the body in getting rid of harmful toxins.
- The high antioxidant levels in strawberries can help the body neutralize the destructive effects of free radicals.
- The potassium in strawberries helps regulate the electrolytes in the body, in turn lowering the risk of stroke.