Benefits Of Strawberries
They are the fruit of the season. Strawberries are a great option as they are rich in vitamins and minerals, low in calories, and widely available during this season.
- They are full of antioxidants. Strawberries are perfect for curbing cardiovascular disease, cancer, and delaying aging. In fact, studies suggest that the high antioxidant levels in strawberries can help neutralise the negative effects of free radicals in your system. Antioxidants are also known to boost the immune system and help keep off diseases like the cold and flu.
- Strawberries are rich in potassium, a mineral that helps regulate the electrolytes in your body, lowering your risk of heart attack and stroke. They also contain folate, a key ingredient in the manufacture of red blood cells.
- They are a rich source of vitamin C and contain more of this vitamin than citrus fruits. This is helpful in fighting off some forms of cancer and also helps with bad cholesterol. Strawberries are packed with B2, B5, B6, vitamin K, copper, and magnesium. They also contain omega fatty acids and essential fibre.
- Strawberries can also be used to whiten your teeth. The acids in the fruit is said to help remove stains from teeth. Cut one in half and rub on your teeth and gums. This removes tartar and strengthens and heals the gums. Let the juice remain on the teeth for a while and then gargle with warm water.
- While you can eat strawberries by adding them in a number of foods, to get the most benefits they should be eaten raw. When added with your morning cereal it will give you an energy boost for the day.
- Strawberries are the perfect food to add to your diet as they are virtually fat-free. Studies show that one cup of strawberries contains only 0.6 grams of fat. Further, they can stimulate your metabolism and suppress your appetite. They can also help keep your weight-reducing hormones functioning properly.