Benefits Of Macadamia Oil
The tasty, healthy and truly beautiful amber-hued macadamia oil, expressed from the nut meat of macadamia, is wonderful oil that comes with scores of health benefits and has been relied on for centuries now to promote good health and fine dining. Extensively used in pancakes, cookies and confectionaries, this multifaceted oil has given both the chefs and the health freaks plenty of reasons to smile. Touted high for its health, skin and hair benefits, macadamia oil is an indispensable ingredient in almost all cosmetic creams and beauty products. Apart from being treated as a potent anti-ageing compound, macadamia oil has given us several other reasons to cheer about. This potent oil is a close equivalent to the very healthy olive oil with equally rewarding health benefits. It has been used to curb cholesterol and treat cardiovascular diseases. This tasty oil is a real culinary treasure and comes with a truly enviable shelf life. To know more on the health benefits of this tasty, yummy macadamia oil, read on. Health Benefits of Macadamia Oil:
- There are plenty of good things to cheer about macadamia oil, the foremost reason being that this wholesome oil is a rich reservoir of monounsaturated fatty acids. Monounsaturated fats are known to benefit health highly. They help to bring down the LDL (low density lipids) level in the body and pep up the levels of HDL (high density lipids) or good cholesterol at the same time.
- Macadamia nut oil is a potent form of oleic acid, a fatty acid that is known to benefit health in a big way. Oleic acid has anti inflammatory properties that immunes the body against chronic diseases. Whatís more, this rich oil is a storehouse of essential fat compounds like linoleic acid, linolenic acid, omega-3 essential fatty acid, omega-6 fatty acid and also palmitoleic acid.
- Of all the known benefits of macadamia oil, it is known to be extremely wonderful for dry, ageing skin. Palmitoleic acid is a great anti-ageing compound that is known to slow down skin maturity and remove signs of ageing too. Itís light and non-greasy and is known to have a rejuvenating effect on the skin. Regular use of macadamia oil softens and moisturizes the skin, prevents suntan and also adds glow to the skin.
- Macadamia oil is esteemed high as an anti-oxidant. The anti-oxidizing effect of macadamia oil is known to withhold the damaging effects of free radicals in skin cells. Whatís more, its antioxidant properties can reduce the possibilities of breast, cervical, gastrointestinal, lung, stomach and prostate cancer. Regular consumption of macadamia oil helps to promote the growth of new tissues, decelerate ageing and also denigrate birth defects.
- The high vitamin E content in macadamia oil and its light and non-greasy texture makes it a great option for hair. This rich hydrating oil is easily absorbed by the hair follicles and scalp and is known to boost the strength of hair strand. It is the best solution for limp, lifeless hair and is known to do wonders for hair health.
- Macadamia oil is a chefís favorite and is widely touted as a much-loved kitchen ingredient for its sheer versatility and practicality. It has a higher smoking point than olive oil and is perfectly safe for the heart.
- Macadamia oil has a longer shelf life and can be stored for one to two years sans refrigeration.