Benefits Of Ginger Root
Ginger is the name of a spice that is native to Asia and is widely used in Indian cuisine. Apart from having culinary uses, ginger root has been found to have a large number of health benefits as well. These benefits can be attributed to its digestive, carminative, expectorant, antiseptic, analgesic, anti inflammatory, stimulating and aphrodisiac properties. In the following lines, we have listed all the major health benefits of ginger root. Go through them and increase your knowledge about the spice. Health Benefits of Ginger :
- It serves as one of the best home remedies for motion sickness, upset stomachs, nausea, and headaches.
- The anti-fungal property of ginger root helps ease the burn and itch suffered in case of athlete's foot.
- It proves to be beneficial for the people who are suffering from gas and heartburn.
- It helps break down proteins, thus aiding digestion and preventing indigestion. It is also useful in preventing abdominal cramps.
- It stimulates and improves blood circulation, thereby alleviating high blood pressure.
- Its extract help reduce the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol in the body, thus reducing the risk of coronary diseases.
- It possesses anti-inflammatory properties and can prove beneficial to those suffering from arthritis.
- Its immunity-boosting abilities can contribute towards alleviating the symptoms of colds and flu.
- It serves as a pain reliever to the individuals suffering from rheumatoid and osteoarthritis.
- It can be used, topically, to decrease the occurrence of pus in infected wounds and boils.
- Being an antiseptic and carminative, it can be used for treating food poisoning, intestinal infections and bacterial dysentery.
- It can be used to treat irregular as well as painful menstrual discharges.
- Having stimulant properties, it helps relive depression, mental stress, exhaustion, dizziness, restlessness and anxiety.
- Its root and oil are aphrodisiac in nature, thus effective in removing impotency and treating premature ejaculation.
- Its juice can be used to dissolve kidney stones, while its oil is effective against yellow fever and malaria.
- Ginger use has been found to be very useful in controlling dandruff.