Benefits Of Cranberry Juice
Cranberries are small berries, often a deep red or crimson in color, which have great nutritional value. They belong to the same family as blueberries and bilberries. Cranberry can be taken as a fruit, juice or from an extract. It is best to take cranberry as 100% juice, instead of going in for the ones that have artificial flavors or preservatives. Though 100% cranberry juice may be bitter, it packs all the healthy nutrients, without artificial colors or flavors. If you find it too bitter, try mixing some apple juice with it. Calories in Cranberry Juice Essentially, one cup of cranberries contains around 46 calories. The juice is packed with nutrients like Vitamin C, dietary fiber, antioxidants, phytochemical nutrients, etc. that help keep you fit and fine. It is recommended that you drink at least one glass a day to attain all the health benefits of cranberry juice. The effects of drinking cranberry juice are said to last around 7 hours, so if you can, drink 2 glasses to gain good health, the natural way. Health Benefits of Cranberry Juice
- The most well-known benefit of cranberry juice is that it helps fight infections of the urinary tract. The natural acids and chemicals found in cranberry juice do not allow bacteria to grow and multiply in the urinary tract and thus help keep major infections at bay.
- Those who have cholesterol and heart conditions should drink cranberry juice as it helps keep cholesterol under control, thus reducing the risk of heart disease and gradually improving the condition.
- Cranberry juice has a rich volume of Vitamin C in it and helps prevent tooth decay, formation of plaque and formation of bacteria. Oral hygiene is thus one of the long term health benefits of cranberry juice.
- Research indicates that cranberry juice has proanthocyanidin compounds, which help thwart the growth of tumors in the body. It may be said that drinking cranberry juice regularly may reduce the risk of the formation of cancer considerably.
- It is also indicated that taking cranberry juice may help prevent the formation of kidney stones. This is because cranberry juice has an abundance of quinic acid, which is crucial in preventing the formation of stones.