Benefits Of Coconut Water
Coconut water has been known for its refreshing properties since ages. Come summer time and you will find people in the tropical countries drinking the water from a young coconut (green in color). With time, it has been discovered that apart from being energizing, coconut water is associated with a large number of health benefits as well. These benefits mainly arise from the presence of a large number of vitamins (mainly B, C and D) and minerals (like sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorus, sulfur and chlorine) in it. let us now explore the health benefits of coconut water in detail. Health Benefits Of Coconut Water
- Being an isotonic solution, coconut water helps replenish the fluids and minerals lost by body, when it indulges in a rigorous physical activity. In fact, many people involved in athletics or regular exercise prefer consuming it after their workout.
- Coconut water, when consumed along with one teaspoon of olive oil, can help get rid of the intestinal worms. Consume the mixture for three days in a row and find your stomach free of any worms.
- If you are suffering from urinary problems, drinking coconut water would prove to be quite beneficial. It is especially useful for those suffering from strangury, polyutra and other urinary ailments.
- Consuming coconut water can help put an end to vomiting. This is why it is recommended to people who are suffering from typhoid, malaria, fevers or other ailments that induce vomiting.
- For all those people who are trying to lose weight, drinking coconut water would prove quite useful. This is because the drink increases the rate of metabolism, thus aiding weight loss.
- If you are suffering from a hangover, after having too much booze at last night's party, have a glass of coconut water. It will help you feel refreshed and get rid of other hangover symptoms as well.
- Coconut water proves valuable in the treatment of ascites, a disease that causes swelling in the stomach, due to fluid accumulation. Ascites patients should consume 2-3 glasses of coconut water in a day.
- Making coconut a part of the daily diet is recommended for those who have been troubled by kidney stones. When taken along with mediation, it helps break up the stones, making it easier for the body to push them out.
- In case you are suffering from prickly heat or summer boils, external application of coconut water would prove beneficial. It also helps subside the rashes caused by small pox, chicken pox, measles, etc.
- Monolaurin, an antiviral, antibacterial and anti-prozoal monoglyceride present in coconut water can help kill lipid-coated viruses such as HIV, Herpes, cytomegalovirus, flu and various pathogenic bacteria.
- One of the most well known health benefits of coconut water is that it hydrates the body. This is the reason why people are encouraged to have the drink during summer months.
- Regular consumption of coconut water can help balance the pH levels in the body and keep cancer at bay.