Benefits Of Chocolate Milk
The high amount of calcium and protein in milk declares it as a crucial part of healthy diet. However, if you dilute milk with chocolate powdered mix, cocoa and sugar, chocolate syrup, or melted chocolate, you get a delicious and tempting glass of chocolate milk that seems to be simply irresistible. Chocolate milk contains all the same 16 nutrients that white milk has, including large amounts of vitamin D and calcium. Kids and adults who cannot control their craving for chocolate, chocolate milk proves to be a healthy and nutritious addition to their diet. Plus, it makes a great substitute for soft drinks or sweetened beverages and serves as an excellent afternoon stimulant drink. And if you canít hold yourself from reaching out to a large bar of chocolate as a dessert, guzzle down a large glass of chocolate milk. With this, you can wholeheartedly satisfy your urge for chocolate that is nutritious and low in fat. For best results, prepare chocolate milk from fresh cowís milk. Take a look at the various health benefits of drinking chocolate milk.
Health Benefits Of Chocolate Milk
Hope these nutrition facts and health benefits about chocolate milk have cleared up all your doubts. Now you do not have to stop your kids from grabbing a glass of chocolate milk, for you know that itís the essential nutrients in it that they are gulping down.
- Interestingly, chocolate milk contains no more sugar than a glass of unsweetened fruit juice and no more caffeine than a cup of decaffeinated coffee.
- Chocolate milk is highly responsible for keeping blood pressure under control. As such, it helps in lowering high blood pressure.
- It is also essential for maintaining proper flow of blood in the body and proper functioning of the heart.
- It helps the body in recovering from intense workouts by satisfying the nutritional needs.
- Chocolate contains antioxidant compounds called flavonoids, that prevent clotting of blood caused due to internal injuries, thereby facilitating the recovery process and hence, avoiding infections.
- It contains a stimulant called theobromine that is essential for lifting the human brain from stress and tension.
- Chocolate milk is a good source of calcium that is essential for the health of human bones. It plays a vital role in developing healthy and strong bones, the absence of which is likely to cause osteoporosis in adults.
- Chocolate milk prepared from unsweetened cocoa powder is known to reduce inflammation risk associated with heart disease.
- It keeps the body hydrated for a longer period of time, thereby increasing the endurance capacity of the body. As such, it helps a person to exercise or work for longer durations.
- Glycogen is the fuel in the liver that is essential for improving the muscles. Drinking chocolate milk immediately after working out helps in replacing the glycogen lost during physical exertion.
- Chocolate milk is known to help with weight loss plans. It assists in making the body slim, smart, beautiful, and younger than before.