Benefits Of Apricot
One of the most beneficial and healthy fruits is the apricot. It is essentially a stone fruit with a seed nut in it. The shape of an apricot is quite similar to that of a peach and has a velvety skin, which is golden orange in color. It is slightly smaller in size when compared to a peach. Though it is not appropriate for making juice, it can definitely be blended with other fruit juices. The taste is very fruity and juicy and feels like a cross between peach and plum. The fruit, when taken raw is a bit acidic in nature. However, the acidity decreases as the fruit ripens and the sugar content increases.
Nutrition Benefits of Eating Apricots:
- The mineral content in apricots is high, which makes it helpful to overcome disorders like anemia, tuberculosis, asthma, bronchitis, etc. The high copper and iron content increases the hemoglobin in the blood.
- The Vitamin A content in Apricots is high and that helps in reducing skin disorders like pimples and zits. Vitamin A also helps to improve eye-sight.
- A certain substance called lycopene is present in Apricots which supposedly helps in the prevention of cancer formation and also protects from cholesterol thus preventing heart disease.
- Eating apricots helps in removing gall stones and also destroy intestinal worms. It also aids in digestion since it reacts as an alkaline, breaking down food particles.
- The fruit is considered to be a laxative and consuming it regularly will help you get rid of constipation. It is very helpful in getting rid of the waste in the body due to its high fiber content.