Beetroot Juice Health Benefits
Why would you want to drink a glass of Pepsi or a pint of beer when you know that you can get so much more out of a glass of beetroot juice? Yes, Pepsi tastes good and yes, beer can make you feel a lot better about yourself. However, aerated drinks and alcohol are nothing but bad news when it comes to staying healthy and fit. A glass of beetroot juice, on the other hand, is nothing but a glass of good health that can go a long way in helping you stay as healthy as you would want to. While it may not taste as good as Pepsi or a commercial fruit drink, it still holds within its glassy limits a whole lot of promises that can easily come true. If you have decided to take the road to good health, regular consumption of beetroot juice can help you arrive at your destination that much faster.
Health Benefits Of Beetroot Juice
- One of the greatest health advantages of beetroot juice is that it has what it takes to raise good cholesterol levels in the body and at the same time also lower bad cholesterol levels in the body!
- Beetroot juice can help increase your stamina and that’s as good as a fact. Beetroot juice pulls off such a feat by reducing the oxygen uptake in your body which in turn helps decrease the prospects of getting tired.
- Beetroot juice is rich in ‘nitrates’. This is a good thing because nitrates can play a very obvious role in expanding blood vessels and ferrying more oxygen and blood to the heart. So by consuming beetroot juice on a regular basis, you are only helping guarantee yourself a healthy heart, and a heart that’s capable of keeping heart diseases at bay!
- There’s not one good thing about 'varicose veins' and this is where beetroot juice can help. It’s a known fact that regular consumption of beetroot juice can help you steer clear of the abnormality that is varicose veins!
- The nitrates that are found in abundance in beetroot juice are really blessings in disguise. Not only can they keep you heart healthy, they also pack a punch enough to help you lower your blood pressure and that is if you just happen to suffer from ‘high blood pressure’ !
- The alkalinity of beetroot juice can prove to be very effective in waging wars against ‘acidosis’. So, the next time you know you are suffering from acidosis, just go ahead and get yourself a glass of healthy beetroot juice.
- Beetroot juice is extremely good for expecting mothers. This is because it is rich in Vitamin B, and this Vitamin can play a direct role in the prevention of the occurrence of a host of birth defects in babies.
- When you get into the habit of consuming beetroot juice regularly, you only are helping yourself get that much closer to healthy skin and great hair. The regular drinking of beetroot juice helps in the cure and prevention of skin inflammation, dry skin ailments, acne, dandruff and pustules. Apart from this, beetroot juice also assists in the healthy growth of hair.
- Get ready for this, beetroot juice is high in vitamins B1, B2, B3, C, A and folic acid. Beetroot juice gives you your proteins in the form of a healthy dosage of amino acids. This apart, beetroot juice comes with an abundance of phosphorous, zinc, manganese, copper, selenium and iron.
- Beetroot juice is blessed with carbohydrates in their natural sugar form, which means that the juice is rich in fiber. The fibers help you digest your food and also play a very effective role in the prevention and treatment of deviations from the normal that include ‘hepatitis’, ‘piles’, ‘diarrhea’, ‘constipation’, ‘nausea’ and ‘vomiting’.