Argan Oil: The Ultimate Beauty Product

While I’ve noticed the growing popularity of Argan oil beauty products over the past few months, I never really took the time to figure out why it was all the rage. I thought I was all set with my coconut oil and vitamin E oil until I actually sat down and looked into the Argan oil product trend and found out about its countless beauty benefits.

Argan oil is produced from a tree that is found only in a particular region of Morocco. Due to its rarity and difficult cultivation process, it also happens to be one of the most expensive oils on the market. But Argan oil contains a higher concentrations of various nutrients than other oils making it worth the extra dollars.

Because of its richness in vitamins, fatty acids, and carotenoids, Argan oil products work wonders for the skin. Like all oils it works to moisturize dry and scaly skin, but it also offers a lot of protection. It has disinfectant properties, along with agents that work for sun protection and skin renewal, which can help heal scars and prevent spots and wrinkles. This oil is great for all skin types, even the most sensitive skin can benefit from its cleansing, moisturizing, healing, and protecting powers.

I first heard about Argan oil beauty products in association with hair; it seems to be the miracle ingredient for all hair care products. Labels will boast about their Argan oil content, since it is one of the most trendy ingredients, but for all the right reasons. It helps protect hair from styling and sun damage by sealing the hair cuticle. The oil’s extreme moisturizing effect results in smooth, shiny, and frizz-free hair. The nourishing vitamins found in the oil work to strengthen your hair and promote growth. Just apply the oil onto your scalp and let it penetrate your hair for at least a few minutes before washing it. This process can actually help alleviate a dry and itchy scalp along with the benefits for your hair. If you don’t have pure Argan oil, you can pick up one of the many other styling products that contain Argan oil.

Though I am usually somewhat skeptical of super trendy ingredients or products, Argan oil really lives up to the hype. Even vitamin E oil and the much-loved olive oil don’t work as substitutes for the heavily concentrated Argan oil.