All-Natural Ingredients To Help Fade Freckles

Here’s a list of treatments you can try for lightening or removing freckles that I’ve gathered from my collection of notes. I only selected the ones that use natural ingredients and a couple of them are pretty old (over 100 years). Do they work? I have no experience using them since I’ve never tried removing mine, they never bothered me and seemed to have gotten lighter and fewer as I’ve aged. I know some people hate theirs and just want them gone so here ya go.
Folk Remedies Commonly Include Horseradish, Buttermilk and Yogurt
I noticed many of the older tips and articles frequently recommend freshly grated horseradish, buttermilk or lemon juice so who knows, they might just do the trick!
Looking at the list of ingredients noted below, I would say these have a good chance of lightening them if applied faithfully and with some patience. Watch skin tones as you use the treatments over time, they may not only fade the undesirable freckles but also bleach or lighten the surrounding skin.

Recipe #1
2 1/2 tablespoons horseradish (freshly grated)
1/2 cup buttermilk

• Mix together and set aside overnight, strain then apply twice daily (morning and night) leaving on skin for 20 minutes before removing with water.

• Grate horseradish to fill the bottom inch of a mason jar, pour apple cider vinegar over top until it’s 2 inches deep or 1 inch above the horseradish.
  • Cap with lid, shake jar well and set in a sunny window for three weeks, shake occasionally.
  • After three weeks, strain then measure the liquid, add half that amount of water.
  • Shake jar, refrigerate and use daily.

• Save the water from boiled potatoes, strain and refrigerate.
  • Each evening soak a cloth in this water, wring out excess and cover your face with it for at least 15 minutes each night (making sure wet cloth is against skin completely).
1 teaspoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1 tablespoon buttermilk

• Mix together then apply to skin, wash off once it’s dry.

• Select 5 large, healthy dandelion leaves that haven’t been touched by any chemical, wash them well and tear into pieces.
  • Place leaves into a large glass canning jar and cover with 1/2 cup of castor oil.
  • Place the jar in a pot of boiling water with the water level above the jar contents but well below its rim. Reduce heat to a simmer and leave for 12 minutes.
  • Remove pot from heat and twist on the jar lid (keeping the jar in the water).
  • Let sit for at least 3 hours, strain contents then use the oil each night after washing skin.
  • Wash face well in the morning. Do treatment daily.
Applying the juice from one half lemon to skin each night can help fade freckles. Do not wash off at bedtime.
Massage rice vinegar into skin every day.
Apply a light, even layer of plain yogurt over skin, rinse off with cool water after 10 minutes.
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons cornmeal
pinch of salt

• Mix together and apply to face each night, remove when fully dried.
Tips: You may want to try testing just a couple spots first to see how your skin reacts, be careful when applying around the eyes. If skin is sensitive to a treatment, you can try massaging either olive oil or vegetable oil into skin first (not for overnight facial treatments).