Addiction To Sugar
Many of you might be alien to the term ‘Sugar Addiction’. There is drug addiction, nicotine addiction and even alcohol addiction, but what is sugar addiction? Sugar Addiction is the name given to a situation in which people binge on sweet food and find it impossible to go without sugar for too long. The problem with this addiction is that most of the people do not realize that they are suffering from it. If you suspect you to be having it, try not having sugar for a day. In case you notice symptoms like headaches, fatigue, tremors, anxiety and depression, it means you have been ensnared by it. But, there is no need to worry. After you have recognized this problem, you can easily overcome it. Read how! Sugar Addiction Symptoms
There are no specific sugar-addiction symptoms that will help you ascertain that you suffering from the problem. However, if you notice more than two of the following habits, maybe it’s time to start thinking.
Overcoming Sugar Addiction
- If ever you manage to go a day without having sweet nothings, you start obsessing about the same.
- Whenever you feel sad, you start eating foods with high sugar content.
- You become defensive when somebody suggests that you are having too much of sugar.
- You cannot go even a single day without having something sweet to eat.
- You cannot sit for too long without munching on ‘sweetables’.
- You eat high-sugar foods like candy, chocolates and cakes every day or even too many times a day.
- You often feel lethargic, moody or depressed.
- You start feeling uncomfortable around the same time everyday and your answer to this is grabbing a high-sugar snack.
Overcoming sugar addiction is not too difficult, only you need to be determined. The tips given below will help you in getting over the obsession.
- Firstly, you have to realize that you are suffering from a sugar addiction. Recognizing the problems meaning having won half the war.
- Avoid aspartame and artificial sweeteners
- Avoid excessive salt, as it creates a craving for sugar.
- Avoid food products with sugar, corn syrup, maltose, dextrose & fructose.
- Choose complex carbohydrates from whole grains (brown rice, barley, quinoa, millet, whole oats, etc)
- Don’t be too rigid on yourself. Start by cutting on things that contain only sugar and no health benefits at all.
- Eat more fruits and sweet vegetables.
- For breakfast, have food products rich in protein. This will help create blood sugar stability, thus aiding you go till next meal without having sugar.
- Never ever deprive yourself of sugar completely. This will lead to a deep craving and you are likely to return back to the original condition. Don’t hesitate from having sugar once in a while.
- You can skip to fruit sweetened treats. This way you can make sure that even if you are having some amount of sugar, it is healthy.
- Lastly, be determined to get rid of the addiction. There is nothing in this world that cannot be done, if a person makes up his mind.