25 Foods You Should Give Up Right Now
There are foods that mess up with your system when consumed for a prolonged periods of time. It's not that you'll get some deadly diseases, but potential toxins in these foods are better avoided. Here is give a drop down on foods that you should keep off from for better health.Why these foods are to be avoided1. All the foods mentioned below are high in sugar, fat or sodium.
2. These increase the cravings for more such foods.
3. Such foods result in diminished vitamin and mineral contents.
4. These empty foods (processed refined carbohydrates) are low in nutrition and high in calories that force your body to borrow nutrient reserves in order to digest the junk.
5. Its important to replace these foods with healthy options and make it a lifestyle.
1. Cold Coffee with whipped cream or ice creamIt's full fat milk and sugar. Indulge in low fat milk with coffee and sugarfree or stevia.
2. Ice teaPacked with lots of sugar. Try green tea instead.
3. Aerated DrinksThey have nothing to offer apart from empty calories.
4. AlcoholAgain empty calories. Plus damages liver, pancreas, increases risk for diabetes, lowers coordination, blackouts and the list goes on.
5. SmoothieThey are made from full fat milk or ice cream and sugar, a dangerous combination. Instead make healthy fruit smoothies at home using fresh fruits, you can use honey as a natural sweetener.
6. Hot dogsUsually meat used in hot dogs is pork and beef, both have high fat and sodium content.
7. DoughnutsIt is made of maida (refined flour), sugar and chocolate. Need we say more?
8. BurgerAgain made with maida (flour) and fried Pattie of meat or potatoes. High in calories, offers no nutrition to your body.
9. WafflesPlease avoid the refined flour and brown sugar in it.10. Organ meatsMeat like red meat, lamb meat. Choose lean meat like chicken and fish instead.
11. Restaurant SaladsAlways order the dressing on side to minimize calories. Indulge in not more than 2 tablespoons of dressings and add spices and herbs to enhance flavor.
12. Sausages They are high in sodium and fat. Stay away.
13. PizzasMaida gets deposited in your arteries and accumulates over period of time leading to weight gain. Processed cheese is again a weight gain unhealthy food.
14. White pastasRefined flour and heavy dressings laden with oil and sauces makes a very unhealthy food choice.
15. Energy DrinksThey are high in sugars, instead opt for green tea or fresh fruit juices to energize yourself.
16. Oils like sunflower or safflowerChoose healthy options like rice bran, olive or groundnut oil.
17. White riceBad carbohydrate, can lead to fat stores of the body. Choose foods like quinoa, barley, broken wheat, oats or brown rice instead.
18. Flavoured Yogurtvia etipsfree.comPacked with sugars. Choose basic yogurt and add chopped fruits to it to make it tasty.
19. Fried foods These create toxic substances that are detrimental for your body. Choose steamed, grilled or tandoor options.
20. Packaged foods like potato chipsFried potato chips are calorie dense and high in fats, sodium and bad carbohydrates.
21. White breadMade out of refined flour, it has no nutritional value whatsoever, plus it is high in sugar and processed ingredients.
22. Packaged diet bhelThere is nothing 'diet' about this snack! Is made with puffed rice puffs high in calories.
23. Packaged soupsHigh in sodium and cornstarch which is high in GI carbohydrates.
24. Microwaved PopcornHigh in saturated fats and sodium. Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), a chemical present in the lining of the bag, are part of a class of compounds that may be linked to infertility in humans, according to a recent study.
25. SweetsSweets like cakes, chocolates, Indian sweets, ice creams and candies are high in sugar and saturated fat.If you are dying to eat the above food remember to indulge once in a while only, but don't make it a lifestyle. Eat vital and have a little fun here and there.