What if Every sikh starts wearing turban

prinzdude

Just a thought, rabb kare eho jeha din aave..

If all the sikhs, regardless of men or women, start wearing turban then in my opinion half of the troubles of panth will go away. Whats ur take on this?

Pardeep

๑۩۩๑┼●ℛŐŶ
Re: What if Every sikh stars wearing tur

kale turban pan nal prob solve ne honde, turban nu respect dene chide a... agree with dhillon g

prinzdude

Agreed with msgrewal, coz Turban di respect v zaruri aa...

Sometimes ive notices, ppl stop wearing turban ,coz ohna nu galat kamm karne hunde aa...

Y manipulate life if it come very simple to you..

an BTW, i was talking of visibility here, the community will be more visible if this happened... Yes or No?

THe point is that if they give proper respect to Turban and watch their actions!

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA

V can see in most movies & songs ...ppl r wearing ..sum1 should ask them did they know y turban is weared ? ...for them it is jus entertainment !

Agree with you if all sikhs starts wearing turbans , the countries where the turban is banned & where ppl dun know abt sikhs....... also hav to unban such rules !

Our Beautiful Dastar proclaims to entire World that we belong to Guru Gobind Singh Ji .Dastar gives us recognition as Sikhs of the Guru !

prinzdude

Right..... In most of the bollywood movies and in TV serials, they "Wear" Turban, Don't tie a Turban...

Ramta

Just a thought, rabb kare eho jeha din aave..
If all the sikhs, regardless of men or women, start wearing turban then
in my opinion half of the troubles of panth will go away.
Whats ur take on this?

The problems of the Panth are not due to the by the absence of the turban.
In fact the turban, or the absence of it, has nothing to do with human problems.
Alienation , ignorance, illiteracy, infanticide or feoticide(both female),
substance abuse etc. will not go away by wearing a turban.

Kabeer ji puts it nicely in few simple words....

"kabeer preeti ik siau keey aan dubhidhaa jaai;
bhaavey laambe kes karu bhaavey gharari mundaai"
"Kabir, when you are in love with the One God, duality and alienation depart.
You may have long hair, or you may shave your head bald."
-- KABIR Source: Adi Granth, p. 1365

Thanks

-

prinzdude

The problems of the Panth are not due to the by the absence of the turban.
In fact the turban, or the absence of it, has nothing to do with human problems.
Alienation , ignorance, illiteracy, infanticide or feoticide(both female),
substance abuse etc. will not go away by wearing a turban.

Kabeer ji puts it nicely in few simple words....

Thanks

-

Veerey, ur right, I misused the word "Problem" here. What i wanted to say was that "The Lack Of Awareness of Sikhism" is mainly due to Kesh Katal and not wearing turban by majority of Sikhs..

Yaar, Gall hi koi nai, je ikk ikk sikh turban rakh laye taan duniya vekhegi k enna sikh rehnda hai etthe... "Right now We Dont Stand Out"

Sad to say, we were made to stand out by the guru from rest, but we preferred to be like everyone else!

prinzdude

I remember one of the Sakhis,

http://www.mrsikhnet.com/index.php/2007/10/22/guru-gobind-singh-and-the-goldsmith/

where a Goldsmith after giving a gift of gold, asks Guru Gobind Singh, Why you create the Khalsa, What is the need for this structure? Why does it matter if i keep a beared? Why does it matter if i wear Kirpan by my side?

Guruji answered, "You gave me this beautiful gift of Gold, can you tell me if this gold which u gave me is 100% pure?

He says, im 90% sure that this is pure, im not sure about 10%, for that i have to get my grinding stone and rub on it to make sure whether it is 100% Pure..

Guru Gobind Singh said, "So you cant tell me just by looking at it that its 100% sure"

He Said, "No"

Guruji says, "that answers ur question"

For rest of saakhi, follow the above link...

userid50966

veer ji tusi tohda jhea arth(meaning) badal ditta hai kabeer sabh ji di panktee da
es da arth(meaning) hai ke" tun rabh naal preet pa rabhnu yaad rakh kissea dubeehda ch na peyea jivean walan nu sadhuu aan wangh jattan bnlavan yan fer bhmna ya buddhi wang ganj kdha lavn , asee dubhida ch na payea tun sirf os parmatma naal preet pa."

beacuse one cannot have hair(may have long hair is wrong to write) its god gifted , like ur arms ,legs u donot have them they are with u as a god gift so do hairs my friend. s
i feel soory if it hurts u but also telling currect meaning os a gurbani is also my duty .............

thnks

Ramta

veer ji tusi tohda jhea arth(meaning) badal ditta hai kabeer sabh ji di panktee da
es da arth(meaning) hai ke" tun rabh naal preet pa rabhnu yaad rakh kissea dubeehda ch na peyea jivean walan nu sadhuu aan wangh jattan bnlavan yan fer bhmna ya buddhi wang ganj kdha lavn , asee dubhida ch na payea tun sirf os parmatma naal preet pa."

beacuse one cannot have hair(may have long hair is wrong to write) its god gifted , like ur arms ,legs u donot have them they are with u as a god gift so do hairs my friend. s
i feel soory if it hurts u but also telling currect meaning os a gurbani is also my duty .............

thnks

Now...
preet = Love
ik siau = with 'one'
keey = do, done
dubhida = problems ( alienation, ignorance etc. )
bhaave = either
laambe = long
kesh = hair
karu = do, done
gharari = head
mundaai = shave(d)

I believe I provide the right interpretation :
One may or may not have long hair,
( bhaavey laambe kes karu bhaavey gharari mundaai" )
the important thing is to understand and believe in the oneness of the universe.
And what 'One God' actually mean is
" GOD ALONE IS "

Thanks

-

pps309

Prime VIP

I remember one of the Sakhis,

http://www.mrsikhnet.com/index.php/2007/10/22/guru-gobind-singh-and-the-goldsmith/

where a Goldsmith after giving a gift of gold, asks Guru Gobind Singh, Why you create the Khalsa, What is the need for this structure? Why does it matter if i keep a beared? Why does it matter if i wear Kirpan by my side?

Guruji answered, "You gave me this beautiful gift of Gold, can you tell me if this gold which u gave me is 100% pure?

He says, im 90% sure that this is pure, im not sure about 10%, for that i have to get my grinding stone and rub on it to make sure whether it is 100% Pure..

Guru Gobind Singh said, "So you cant tell me just by looking at it that its 100% sure"

He Said, "No"

Guruji says, "that answers ur question"

For rest of saakhi, follow the above link...
Bohat sohni saakhi aa.
Changa v aa ke pagg wale ghat aa, Je pagg banke v lokka ne gande kamm hi karne ess to changa te pagg wae ghatt hi rehan.

pps309

Prime VIP
Re: What if Every sikh starts wearing tu

thnks
dhanwad bhai sahab......

Now...
preet = Love
ik siau = with 'one'
keey = do, done
bhaave = either
laambe = long
kesh = hair
karu = do, done
gharari = head
mundaai = shave(d)

the important thing is to understand and believe in the oneness of the universe.
" GOD ALONE IS "

Thanks

-
koi na veere, jinne tere ch sojhi aa tusi ohni hi vakhya kar sakde ho.
Waise wadbaghe ho jo Gurbani parde ho, Gurbani parya karo holi holi thodi sojhi da level change ho jana :)

full_taur

Now...
preet = Love
ik siau = with 'one'
keey = do, done
bhaave = either
laambe = long
kesh = hair
karu = do, done
gharari = head
mundaai = shave(d)

" GOD ALONE IS "

Thanks

-

As earlier said that gurbaani de theek arth vi samajhne chahide ne. More importantly agar baani da arath samajhna hove then we should not take one line from the baani and try & find meaning of it.

Correct way is take a whole shabad from baani and then find the meaning. Most importantly in RAHAYO (PAUSE) line you can find the central idea of whole shabad.So if you want to interpret this shabad then take it as a whole and then try & find meaning of it.

Another thing worth mentioning here is that Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is a great example of copyrights laws etc and it has been followed so perfectly in Guru Granth Saahib ji, even though it was written many many years earlier.

Ramta

Re: What if Every sikh starts wearing tu

-

most ppl who wre turbans dont knw the true meanin of it

In that case, those who understand the true meaning of the Turban must tell the ones who don't.

-

As earlier said that gurbaani de theek arth vi samajhne chahide ne.
More importantly agar baani da arath samajhna hove then we should not take one line from
the baani and try & find meaning of it.

Most of the pro-turbans themselves take one line from the gurbani (saabat aoorat dastaar siraa)
to impress upon everyone that it is actually the Shri Guru Granthji that dictates a Turban.
Then there are the prachaaraks(granthis etc.) who do it all the time. Their pravachans are
always arguments supported by one-liners from the SGGS.

But the anti-one-line-argument is reserved only to verses like
"Kabeer bhaang machhulee soora paan jo jo praani khaanhi;
Teerathh barat nem ki-ey te sabhai rasaatal jaanhi"

or,

"bhaavey laambe kes karu bhaavey gharari mundaai"....

Now why we refuse to see the most obvious meaning of it is something I can't comprehend ??????

-

Correct way is take a whole shabad from baani and then find the meaning.
Most importantly in RAHAYO (PAUSE) line you can find the central idea of whole shabad.
So if you want to interpret this shabad then take it as a whole and then try & find meaning of it.

One may take the whole shabad but the fact still remains that the
'either-long-hair-or-shaved-head-doctrine still stands out
....staring in our face....

-

Thanks

-

userid50966

Now...
preet = Love
ik siau = with 'one'
keey = do, done
bhaave = either
laambe = long
kesh = hair
karu = do, done
gharari = head
mundaai = shave(d)

" GOD ALONE IS "

Thanks

-

tusi awde ap hi meri galh da jwab de ditta hai "bhaave = either"
either is more appropriate word then may or may not have i just wann say this only thns for ur patience dear