^ Sikh Sakhian ^

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
Bhai Mardana And The Stone

One afternoon Guru Nanak and his company were resting on the banks of the Ganges at Patna. Mardana was idly inspecting a stone he had picked up along the road, thinking of the vast throngs who had come to hear the Guru. "Master," said Mardana, "you teach a way for every person to find liberation. But many of those who listen still seem to spend much of their time in conflict, and in seeking out excitement and other idle pursuits. Why do they waste away their lives so?"

"Most people don't recognize its value," replied the Guru, "although human life is the dearest treasure on this earth."

"Surely everyone can see the value of life," said Mardana.

"No," said Nanak. "Each man places his own value on things according to what he thinks. A different man with different knowledge will place a different value. That stone you found in the dirt will make a good example. Take it to the marketplace and see what you can get for it."

Puzzled, Mardana took the stone to the marketplace and at a stall that sold sweets asked what the vendor would trade for it. The man laughed. "Go away, you're wasting my time."

He next tried a produce seller. "I have paying customers to wait on," said the grocer. "I'll give you an onion for it just to get you out of here."

Mardana tried several more shops with no better response. Finally he came to the shop of Salis Raj, the jeweler. Salis Raj's eyes opened wide when he saw the stone. "I'm sorry," he said, "I don't have enough money to buy your gem. But I will give you a hundred rupees if you will just let me look at it a while longer."

Mardana hurried back to the Guru to tell him what had happened.

"See," said Guru Nanak, "how when we are ignorant we mistake a valuable gem for a worthless stone. If someone had told you its value before you knew what it was, you would have thought they were crazy. Such a jewel is human life, and whatever you've traded for it, that is what is yours."

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
MAKE ME BLIND

In the times of Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji, there was a very poor gursikh who lived in a hut alone. This gursikh was blind and had grown to love the guru from what he had heard. As he couldn’t travel anywhere he would find out who has gone from his village to see the guru.

He would ask them, “What does the Guru look like? What weapons does he keep? What stories does he tell?”

Each person would reply, “I cannot explain in words.”

One night he could not sleep, as his thoughts were focused on meeting the guru. He longed so much to see the beautiful Mukh of Guru Maharaaj. He could not take it any longer and felt angry at himself for being blind.

“Guru Ji, I am such a dirty sinner, I am unworthy of your darshan. I do not know what countless sins I have committed for me to suffer without you.”
At this moment Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji awoke from Samadhi, and told his Sikhs to get the horses ready to leave immediately.

The gursikh felt helpless and began to cry tearing his hut apart. He wanted to go to see his guru; he then made up his mind that he would go by foot and allow the guru to guide him. He packed some food and set off in the dark. On his way he tripped and fell hurting himself badly. His thoughts remained on meeting his guru as he lay on the ground.

He suddenly felt two strong arms lift him up to his feet, and he heard a voice. “I have come, my beloved. I could not sleep without doing your darshan, I felt my heart pulling me towards you and I had to come.”

When the blind sikh heard this he fell to the guru’s feet and could not contain himself. Guru ji again lifted him to him feet and said, “the home of Guru Nanak contains everything, ask of what you will.”

“Guru Ji all that I ask of is that my eyes may work and have your beautiful darshan.”

Guru ji smiled and kissed him on both eyes. When he opened them, he fell at Guru Ji’s feet upon seeing him and wept at Guru Ji’s feet. He stared at Guru Ji in amazement for some time.

“Beloved I must go now, it is amritvela and the sangat will be waiting.”

“ Guru Ji I cannot live without your Darshan now, what will I do?”

Guru Ji replied, “The house of Guru Nanak again offers what you ask of it, one more thing.”

The gursikh fell to the floor and said, “ Guru Ji if you are going to give me one more thing, then please take these eyes away as I wish not to see anything ever again after having your darshan.” A tear dropped down Guru Ji’s cheek as he granted the final wish.

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
Guru Har Krishan Sahib Ji and the Brahman

While Guru Ji was at Panjokhara and mediating on God, a Sikh came and told him of a proud Brahman who was in the neighbourhood. The Brahman had asked the Guru’s name and learned that it was Satguru Sri Guru Har Krishan Sahib Ji. Hearing this the Brahman became very angry and said, ‘The poet of the Bhagavat Gita, whom no one can equal, called God merely Krishan, and the Guru calls himself Sri Har Krishan, as if he thinks himself superior to Krishan. If he be such a Guru let him come and translate the Gita with me’.

Guru Ji replied to this Sikh, ‘ The eyes of understanding are very good, but the cataract of pride so blindeth them that they cannot see God’s way. The proud think all persons beneath them.’

The Sikh however, prevailed on the Guru to allow the Brahman to come to him. When the Brahman came he did not salute the Guru, but unceremoniously sat down in his presence. He then said, ‘Thou who call thyself Sri Har Krishan, must be greater than the God Krishan. Translate the Gita for a little while with me’.

Guru Ji replied, ‘The Brahmans of the present day are not deeply read. They are great talkers and arguers, and are deteriorating everyday; and in the future they will have even less religion that they have now. What the Brahmans know is not real knowledge, and they are strangers to God. I have not read the Gita, and were I to translate it with you, you would say that I was some rich man’s son who had a private tutor, whereas I should translate by my spiritual power. Go and bring some ignorant rustic to discuss with you and when you have brought him, I will speak to you.’

The Brahman went and brought an ignorant water carrier called Chhajju from the nearest village. The Guru looked at him full in face and said, ‘Thou hast become a great divinity scholar. Now discuss the meaning of the Shastars with this Brahman’.

The Brahman and the water carrier began to discuss accordingly, and the water carrier gave such learned replies, that the Brahman stood in astonished silence. The questions and replies related to Hindu theology.

The pandit became convinced that Guru Ji had infused his supernatural power into the water carrier. He accordingly begged Guru Ji’s pardon for the unceremonious manner in which he had approached him. The Brahman added, ‘Thou art really the holy God, Krishan. Make me thy disciple’.

Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Har Krishan Sahib Ji Maharaj, the King of Kings, the Saint of Saints and the Healer of all.

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
Kataru and Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj

One Kataru, the King's weighman, came from Kabul. When he solicied instruction from Guru Arjan Dev Ji, he was told to use just weights and discharge his duties honestly. When he returned to his office in Kabul, a bania, or petty shopkeeper, with evil and malicious intent, placed in his shop a false weight, which he unknowingly used.

The bania, went to the king to lay information against Kataru. The King propsed to inspect the weighing apparatus, and Kataru, hearing this, prayed to Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj to protect him. Guru Jis, who was in amritsar, knew of Kataru's distress.

At that moment a poor sikh came to Guru Ji, with a small offering of five paise. Guru Ji took the coins and passed them from one hand to the other simultaneously with the king's inspection, so when the king tried both scales, the weights appeared correct.

Guru Ji explained the meaning of his act to an inquiring sikh, The King of Kabul was satisfied with his inspection.

The moral of the story: Wherever you are, and whatever situation you are in, if you bow down before the king of kings and ask for his help. He will take your problems on himself and do everything in his power to help you, because that is his innate nature.

onlycheema

Banned
Je kisey ne ein dass taa ki guru nanak dev ji de harek sarup ch dastaar te ek mala lipti hundi aa oho asal ch keshaan di mala aa koi ohde pichhe saakhi dass dayo mein likh taa dayun parr punjabi ch fayda ni hona adhi janta da.
Ek hor saakhi aaundi guru gobind singh ji de darbaar ch ek raja aaunda(mein naam bhull gyan so pardon me) ohde mann ch shankaa paida hunda ki guru sahib apna mann control ch kivein rakh sakde ne jadon ki ehna de aale duaale singhniaan ghummdiyaan rehandiyaan ne maharaj kaam de wass kivein ni aaunde hongey.....kyunke kehande ne kaam ek eho jehi cheez aa jehto wadde wadde ni bach sake.......maharaj ne oho rajey nu kol bulaayae keha raja tu ajj to haftey nu marr jaana parr je saade kol reh jenga taa bachaa ho sakdaa.....raja kehanda naa ji naa mein waapis jaana hunney apne putt nu gaddi deni aa apniyaan raaniyaan dekhniyaan ein bahaney maar k jaldi jaldi apne mehal waapis aa geyaa te aaundeyaan hi bimaar pae geyaa ehe fikar ch ki ohne haftey nu marr jaana barha hi sakht bimaar pae geyaa loose motions and all fir ant nu ek din rehanda hunda jaanda guru maharaj kol ki maharaj dasso kujh guru gobind singh ji kehande raja tainu haftey pehlaan dasseyaa ki tu marr jaanda tu apniyaan raaniyaan di sez ni handaa sakeyaa saanu taa jadon de eis duniya te aayeaan aan ohdon da pata ki kadon jaana assin kaam de wass kiddan pae sakdein aan assin duniya da bhala kadon karangey.........and second one is i think the famous one bhai jogey nu aap pehredaar banke kanjri de kotheyon jaan to rokeyaa c.

I regard Guru granth sahib ji and my gurus in very high respect they should be leading lights in every individual's life.

onlycheema

Banned
^^i couldn't do justice to the above story because sometimes i hate too much typing so please try to understand jarra ku dimaag te jor paa leyo.