Sikh and Hindu

Ramta

- -
- -

There is a lot of confusion prevalent nowadays that the Sikh and Hindus are different especially among the younger lot. Whether Sikhism is different from Hinduism depends on not how one defines Sikhism but how one defines Hinduism. That is if one can define any one of these two.

Hinduism and Sikhism both defy definitions and they both were always considered as ever evolving doctrines. That is upto the time a new variant of Sikhism arrived on the scene. Sikhism as understood by the western Sikh. Sikhism that believes that trimming ones hair and beard renders a Sikh as 'patit'or 'adharmi'. There are many young Indian Sikh who have come to agree with this theory. Why has such a false idea germinated among the young Sikh? I believe its because the modern day ordinary Sikh as well as the Priests have come to accept Sikhism and Khalsa-Panth as one and don't understand that even though every Khalsa-Panthi is a Sikh, every Sikh is not actually required to be a member of the Khalsa and that to maintain unshorn hair and beard is not a compulsion in Sikhism. The personage of Guru Nanak should not be expected to have founded any dogmatic idea. Nanaks Sikhism was meant to free people from the clutches of both the Hindu and the Muslim clergy. His own followers following the clergy blindly would never have been acceptable to Him. But that exactly is whats happening. Nanaks Sikhism never made growing ones hair and beard a condition and was never supposed to be dogmatic. Sikhism was born in an age when Hinduism had absorbed corrupting influences and was rendered as just a doctrine in rituals and outward appearances. Nanaks struggle was against that. The Hindus no longer wear a 'janneyu' or shave their heads but nobody calls them 'adharmy'. But the moment a Sikh shaves his beard he is branded as adharmy by the ignorant Granthi's.

It would not be wrong to say that Sikhism today is what Hinduism used to be be 500 years ago - Grow you hair and beard else you are 'patit' or 'adharmi'. It's a case of another God turning against itself. An edifice created by the Human mind, decimated by Human nature.

"Mund mundae jo sidhhi paee, mukti ped na gaiiya jaee."

I thing the above argument applies both ways. To grow ones hair in order to attain 'siddhi'
is as illogical and unreasonable as shaving ones head to attain 'siddhi' is.

People who believe in the 'Guru-Granth-Sahib' must also know that Nanak had emphasized that his ideas and philosophy was merely a discovery about a reality that had always been there. He was not bringing any new covenants from any God. The history of Nanak or the way he looked is not necessary for Nanaks principles to work. In fact, Nanak stated that he was neither the first nor the last person to have achieved the state of enlightenment. He also asserted that he was not God nor sent by any God as a prophet, and whatever he discovered was available to every human to discover for himself.

And the Sikh of the west ( who I am sure are a minority even there ) say that Sikh are different from Hindus despite the fact that the Sikh Scripture if full of Hymns composed by Hindu Saints long before Nanak arrived. It could be rightly said that Sikhism is the evolution of Hinduism (some call it cleansing) depending on the social and cultural needs of a particular region and that Hinduism can only be defined as a common-wealth or a conglomeration of the various religious, cultural, and social belief systems that either originated or evolved in the Indian Sub-Continent over centuries. How could the Sikh be different from the Hindus?

Wasn't Nanaks Sikhism a culmination of the Bhakti-Movement that started in India long before Nanak ? Kabir and Namdev for example arrived long before Nanak and none of them was Punjabi. Namdev was a Marathi saint. Not all Sikhs come from Punjab; they are spread all over the subcontinent. Tenth guru, Guru Gobind Singh himself was born in Patna, Bihar and did not even speak Punjabi: most of his work is composed in Awadhi, Braj-bhasha and Farsi.

- -
- -

Guru Nanak Ji wrote in the Guru Granth Sahib', Raag Malaar, Pa.1279 thus:

'BRAHMA, VISHNU, MAHESH [SHIVA] the three demigods were created [by God].
He gave BRAHMA the VEDAS and involved them in it's worship.
Ten Avatars did king RAMA [VISHNU] take.
He attacked and killed demons but all in accordance with God's command.
God did SHIVA serve but he too did not find his limits.
Attaining true value he created his [heavenly] throne.
He has set the world to task and concealed himself.
He makes all function this Karma is divinely ordained.'

This is entirley reminiscent of what is stated in the Mahabharata, where it was written by Rishi Vedvyas Ji that God who is referred to as Omkar or Parbrahma, converted Himself into Lord Vishnu. Out of Lord Vishnu's navel came Lord Brahma and from His forehead came the Akal Pursh (otherwise known as Akal or Lord Shiva ) .
When Vishnu, Brahma and Akal combined their powers, or shaktis, to create the image of the Mother goddess it was Durga who came forth. Durga is also known as Shiva, Devi, Mata, Parvati, Chamunda, and Jwaladevi. Guru Govind Singh was a great devotee of Durga Mata.

- -
- -

Guru Nanak spoke to a Vaishnav Hindu ('Guru Granth Sahib', Raag Thiti Gauri, Pa.300) thus :

'He who focuses his mind on God is a Vaisnu [follower of VISHNU] He is a man of great knowledge.
He is a warrior of a high clan who worships Bhagwant [God/VISHNU].
Be they Khatri, Shudar, Vaise or a Chandal [Four castes of Hinduism] by contemplating God they are saved from vice.
They who ever have acknowledged God, Nanak asks for the dust of their feet.

- -
- -

The third Sikh Guru Amardas said of a true Sanatan Brahmin ('Guru Granth Sahib', Raag Gujri, Pa.512) thus:

'He who appreciates BRAHM [God] call him a Brahmin, he day and night stays absorbed in Har [God].
He lives in accordance within the will of the true Guru truth and Sanjam [self-restraint] he practices thus his ailment of ego flees.'

- -
- -

Bhagat Kabit says ( Shri Guru Granth ji, Pa.1350) :
Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. Those who do not contemplate them are false.
You say that the One Lord is in all, so why do you kill chickens?

- -
- -

Thanks

- -
- -

J@tti

..Majajan..
Do you think of anything other than religion?? Religion is a way to God, but people like you give unreasonable things so much importance, and put so much energy into fighting over petty things that you miss out the main point. For me, my religion tells me to be honest, to stand against injustice, and to help others as much as possible. I don't think any religion teaches you to fight over if it is any different from other religions. All religions teach you the same basic things. But anyways dude, you can continue the bashing... may God help you :pr

Angel_Eyes

Done Deal !
Do you think of anything other than religion?? Religion is a way to God, but people like you give unreasonable things so much importance, and put so much energy into fighting over petty things that you miss out the main point. For me, my religion tells me to be honest, to stand against injustice, and to help others as much as possible. I don't think any religion teaches you to fight over if it is any different from other religions. All religions teach you the same basic things. But anyways dude, you can continue the bashing... may God help you :pr

Hahahaha, jattiye thats what i always tried to say, par no-one understood, maybe i wasnt able to put in the best of words, but u did the perfect job, Very well said.

Religiong is a way to guide u through life, not something to fight over, So why brag abt whats good and whats bad, and where it came from and what will happen to it next. Every religion teaches something good, and every religing prally has its doubts and myths, But being given the opportunity to be born in the 21st century, we are educated beings who can utilize the good in the religion to make the best out of our lives and make world a better place.

:nail

- -
- -

- -
- -

Guru Nanak Ji wrote in the Guru Granth Sahib', Raag Malaar, Pa.1279 thus:

'BRAHMA, VISHNU, MAHESH [SHIVA] the three demigods were created [by God].
He gave BRAHMA the VEDAS and involved them in it's worship.
Ten Avatars did king RAMA [VISHNU] take.
He attacked and killed demons but all in accordance with God's command.
God did SHIVA serve but he too did not find his limits.
Attaining true value he created his [heavenly] throne.
He has set the world to task and concealed himself.
He makes all function this Karma is divinely ordained.'

This is entirley reminiscent of what is stated in the Mahabharata, where it was written by Rishi Vedvyas Ji that God who is referred to as Omkar or Parbrahma, converted Himself into Lord Vishnu. Out of Lord Vishnu's navel came Lord Brahma and from His forehead came the Akal Pursh (otherwise known as Akal or Lord Shiva ) .
When Vishnu, Brahma and Akal combined their powers, or shaktis, to create the image of the Mother goddess it was Durga who came forth. Durga is also known as Shiva, Devi, Mata, Parvati, Chamunda, and Jwaladevi. Guru Govind Singh was a great devotee of Durga Mata.

- -
- -

- -

BS, I believe you are the one who is 'seriously pathetic'..you just gave half the shabad or shalok..better I complete this shabad with meaning..

The actual shalik is like that

]
(1279-17)
pa-orhee.
Pauree:
bRhmw ibsnu mhysu dyv aupwieAw ] (1279-17, mlwr, mÚ 2)
barahmaa bisan mahays dayv upaa-i-aa.
Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva and the deities were created.
bRhmy idqy byd pUjw lwieAw ] (1279-17, mlwr, mÚ 2)
barahmay ditay bayd poojaa laa-i-aa.
Brahma was given the Vedas, and enjoined to worship God.
ds AvqwrI rwmu rwjw AwieAw ] (1279-18, mlwr, mÚ 2)
das avtaaree raam raajaa aa-i-aa.
The ten incarnations, and Rama the king, came into being.
dYqw mwry Dwie hukim sbwieAw ] (1279-18, mlwr, mÚ 2)
daitaa maaray Dhaa-ay hukam sabaa-i-aa.
According to His Will, they quickly killed all the demons.
eIs mhysuru syv iqn@I AMqu n pwieAw ] (1279-18, mlwr, mÚ 2)
ees mahaysur sayv tin<SUP>Hee ant na paa-i-aa.
Shiva serves Him, but cannot find His limits.
scI kImiq pwie qKqu rcwieAw ] (1279-19, mlwr, mÚ 2)
sachee keemat paa-ay takhat rachaa-i-aa.
He established His throne on the principles of Truth.
dunIAw DMDY lwie Awpu CpwieAw ] (1279-19, mlwr, mÚ 2)
dunee-aa DhanDhai laa-ay aap chhapaa-i-aa.
He enjoined all the world to its tasks, while He keeps Himself hidden from view.
Here Guru JI talking about one God Almighty..if you read it carefully it means that Brahma nd Vishnu being a God's creature failed to find His limits

why dont you write full shabad......what u do is pick two lines nd post according to your wish(meaning) with distorted meaning.....why????? read the full shabad then say......
</SUP>

<SUP></SUP>
<SUP></SUP>
<SUP>And it Guru Gobind SIngh Ji never worshipped Durga Mata.....even Guru Ji never Worshipped any of hindu devi devta....stop misleading people.</SUP>
<SUP>thanks

</SUP>

- -
- -

- -

Guru Nanak spoke to a Vaishnav Hindu ('Guru Granth Sahib', Raag Thiti Gauri, Pa.300) thus :

'He who focuses his mind on God is a Vaisnu [follower of VISHNU] He is a man of great knowledge.
Be they Khatri, Shudar, Vaise or a Chandal [Four castes of Hinduism] by contemplating God they are saved from vice.

- -
- -

The third Sikh Guru Amardas said of a true Sanatan Brahmin ('Guru Granth Sahib', Raag Gujri, Pa.512) thus:

'He who appreciates BRAHM [God] call him a Brahmin, he day and night stays absorbed in Har [God].
He lives in accordance within the will of the true Guru truth and Sanjam [self-restraint] he practices thus his ailment of ego flees.'

- -
- -

Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. Those who do not contemplate them are false.
You say that the One Lord is in all, so why do you kill chickens?

- -
- -

Thanks

- -
- -

you wrote:

- -
- -
Here again guru ji said about One God Almighty..in this shalok
ਸੋ ਸੁਰਤਾ ਸੋ ਬੈਸਨੋ ਸੋ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਧਨਵੰਤੁ ਸੋ ਸੂਰਾ ਕੁਲਵੰਤੁ ਸੋਇ ਜਿਨਿ ਭਜਿਆ ਭਗਵੰਤੁ ਖਤ੍ਰੀ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣੁ ਸੂਦੁ ਬੈਸੁ ਉਧਰੈ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਚੰਡਾਲ ਜਿਨਿ ਜਾਨਿਓ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਆਪਨਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਸਹਿ ਰਵਾਲ ॥੧੭॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 300} guru ji simply said that it doesn't matter if one is khatri, shudar, vais or chandal..who serves one God Almighty with true heart is a great........btw BS u wrote khatri, shudar vaise nd chandal as four castes of hinsuism, cud u plz define each.....wt u mean by chandaal???????

you wrote:

- -
- -
it doesnt mean Brahimin caste by Brahm anyway
ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਬਿੰਦੇ ਸੋ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਜਿ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਏ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪੁਛੈ ਸਚੁ ਸੰਜਮੁ ਕਮਾਵੈ ਹਉਮੈ ਰੋਗੁ ਤਿਸੁ ਜਾਏ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵੈ ਗੁਣ ਸੰਗ੍ਰਹੈ ਜੋਤੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਮਿਲਾਏ ਇਸੁ ਜੁਗ ਮਹਿ ਕੋ ਵਿਰਲਾ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਜਿ ਹਉਮੈ ਮੇਟਿ ਸਮਾਏ ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਸ ਨੋ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਜਿ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਏ ॥੧॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 512} means who chants God's name from true heart he is a Brahmin......better you now the meaning of ਬਿੰਦੇ yani binde

you wrote:

- -

according to this kuran/ved/sacred scriptures are not false but those mullahs/pandits/people are false who dont contemplate....cud u guide me how it is related with hinduism .??.

but I agree with your this point You say that the One Lord is in all, so why do you kill chickens?

Ramta

- -
- -

jattpunjabi,

And it Guru Gobind SIngh Ji never worshipped Durga Mata.....even Guru Ji never Worshipped any of hindu devi devta....stop misleading people.
thanks

Near the end of Chandi Charitra i, (Dasam Granth, written by Guru Govind Singh Ji),
occurs this well known shabad :

O mind! Remember the goddess Sharda of innumerable qualities;
And if she be kind, I may compose this Granth (based on) Bhagavata.6.

KABIT
The large-eyed Chandika is the remover of all sufferings,
the donor of powers and support of the helpless in ferrying across the fearful ocean of the world;
It is difficult to know her beginning and end,
she emancipates and sustains him, who takes refuge in her,
She destroys the demons, finishes various types of desires and saves from the noose of death;
The same goddess is capable of bestowing the boon and good intellect;
by her Grace this Granth can be composed.7.

SWAYYA
She, who is the daughter of the mountain and the destroyer of Mahishasura;
She, who is the bestower of the kingdom on India by killing Sumbh and Nisumbh;
He, who remembers and serves her, he receives the reward to his heart`s desire,
And in the whole world, none other is the supporter of the poor like her.8.

http://www.sridasam.org/dasam?Action=Page&p=646

Chandi Ki Vaar by Guru Govind Singh Ji is full of worship and devotion to mother Durga (Maa Bhagauti).
It is accepted that Guru Govind Singh was a staunch believer in Durga Mata (mother goddess).

- -
- -

The following is an exact list of just some of the references
in the Dasam Granth where Devi Puja is found:

TRIBHANGI CHHANDS (201-220, IN AKAL USTAT) are clearly in praise of Devi Mata.

IN SHASHTARNAMA in the beginning there is a whole chapter (27 CHHANDS)
In praise of Devi Mata.

CHANDI CHARITAR I & II, CHAUBIS AVTAR, RUDRA AVTAR INCLUDING PARTS OF
CHARITROPAKHYAN, all are in praise of the DEVI and AVTARS.

Similarly, in the above puranic stories there are numerous hymns in praise of MAHA KAL,
who is a tantric OR SAKAT DEITY,
PAGES 55, 56, 57, 58,73, 156, 157, 183, 185, 254, 310, 612, 613, 642, ETC.

WORSHIP OF Devi Mata, UNDER THE NAME OF KALIKA, CHANDI, SIVA OR DURGA IS FOUND
AT PAGES 74, 76, 99, 117, 255, 118, 309, 310, 116, 673, 675, ETC., ETC.

In CHANDI CHARITAR UKAT BILAS the author mentions that he has
virtually made the composition from 700 slokas of markand purana.
He adds that whoever hears or recites the same for any specific boon,
the Devi Maa would certainly grant it instantaneously
(Chandi Charitar, ukat bilas - sloka 232).

IN CHANDI CHARITAR II in the Sloka 261 the author writes that
whoever remembers or worships the Devi with devotion, shall attain salvation.

similarly, in the Mata Durga var the author writes that whoever recites the same,
will achieve salvation and not be born again (stanza or pauri - 55).

Charitropakhyan, too, involves worship of the Devi and kal or Maha Kal
(CHARITRA 405, CHHANDS 52, 77, 126 AND 132).
CHANDI CHARITRA AND CHANDI DI VAR -126 PAGES, CHAUBIS AVTAR - 744 PAGES,
BRAHM RUDRA AVTAR - 383 PAGES, CHARITROPAKHYAN AND HIKAYAT - 923 PAGES,
DASAM GRANTH DA KARITARTAV, PP. 38-45, PP. 92-97

Thanks

- -
- -

lol.....its not a matter of worshipping......in Dasam Granth (choubees avtaar) guruji narrated sm stories......u can also find chandi chariter in dasam granth but that doesnt mean guru ji worshipped chandi devi.....tonite i havnt enuff time but soon i will tell u bout that.

bhuchowala

Re: Sikh and Hindu
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> lol.....its not a matter of worshipping......in Dasam Granth (choubees avtaar) guruji narrated sm stories......u can also find chandi chariter in dasam granth but that doesnt mean guru ji worshipped chandi devi.....tonite i havnt enuff time but soon i will tell u bout that.

What do you say about "deh shiva bar mohe eh subh karman te kahbhon na daro"... who is shiva here ?? u must be knowing that .. guru gobind singh was born hindu. he made sikhs to stop conversion of hindus into islam.. a born hindu believes in his God.than how can you say that guru gobind singh ji not a follower of mata durga..

Ramta

- -
- -

bhuchowala,

Guru Govind Singh Ji or the gurus before them had no problem with the idols of
Hindu gods in the Har( temple of shiva) mandir sahib ( golden temple), aptly named by
the fourth Guru Ram Dass. But the Akali's changed that 1906 under the influence of the British.

Gurus had the Hindu pandits Sikh wedding ceremonies.
It was changed 200 years later in 1909, when the Anand marriage act
was passed, under the say so of the british.

The Gurus themselves all had Hindu Pandits conduct their weddings,
entirely within Hindu tradition. The Singh Sabha Akali movement
( brainchild of Professor Wilheim Leitner, (Austro Hungarian) British
administrator, who supposedly spoke twenty five languages ) changed that
under the influence of the British

Thanks

- -
- -

munda_wakhre_type_da

-- Kem da Gui --
- -
- -

There is a lot of confusion prevalent nowadays that the Sikh and Hindus are different

- -
- -

veere tere dil diyan galan ne tere dil de wehem ne .. confusion nahi eh ta haqiqat hai.. tere hi mdaag ch koi nuks hai bai..

main suneya banda je naawe towe ne hafta das din taaa behki behki galan karda...

naan nu chadd buthi hi dhoo aa veer shayad kuch fark peje

bhuchowala

Bulle Shah you are doing so much effort and work in posting all these posts. colecting all that data from adi garnths and vedas .. in the end just answer me bro what do you want to say ppl ?? what is your motive for all these posts ??
thanx

Niki_Grewal

!*~PrInCe$$~*!
Re: Sikh and Hindu

<HR style="COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)" SIZE=1>What do you say about "deh shiva bar mohe eh subh karman te kahbhon na daro"... who is shiva here ?? u must be knowing that .. guru gobind singh was born hindu. he made sikhs to stop conversion of hindus into islam.. a born hindu believes in his God.than how can you say that guru gobind singh ji not a follower of mata durga..
Ignorance is bliss!!!!!!!!!!

Guru ji used the name shiva .....he never meant it to be hindu god/devata shiv......and shiva was not Guru ji's god....Sikh's God doesn't have any form or shape .....gurbani nu surface ton perh ke....meanings na kadho ji....damn it....i don't think i hv enuff time/patience to reply u in detail....and i don't think i wud be able to waste my energy to make u n bulleshaah understand something which u both are not gonna get anyway....but why can't u guys stop misleading ppl???????

pps309

Prime VIP
WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

SIKH, HINDU, ISLAM, CHRISTANITY, JAINISM
all are religions that taught a human being to be good and do good things during the small lifespan given to us by one universal GOD.

Every religion talks of GOD so is Sikh and so is Hindu.

i don't know what bulla want to prove...
I can say one thing either Sikh or Hindu or Muslim all are Humans, creation of same GOD, referred by different names (Koi bole Ram-Ram, koi khuda aa...).
So it is good and better for us that we should respect all the creations of God and all the ways to worship God, all the religions and religious people.

This is all what Sikhism is about.
GurBani has bani from hindu as well as muslim saints.
Gurus martyred for upliftment of religion and to protect religious people (kashmiri pandit).
Sikhism teaches to treat all the people of society equally. There was no varna (caste) based system in Sikhism.

Being a Sikh I respect all other religion and give due respect to all the followers of God.
Being a Sikh, i respect and love all the creation of Waheguru.
Please continue follow your religion which you feel good.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

J@tti

..Majajan..
Hahahaha, jattiye thats what i always tried to say, par no-one understood, maybe i wasnt able to put in the best of words, but u did the perfect job, Very well said.

Religiong is a way to guide u through life, not something to fight over, So why brag abt whats good and whats bad, and where it came from and what will happen to it next. Every religion teaches something good, and every religing prally has its doubts and myths, But being given the opportunity to be born in the 21st century, we are educated beings who can utilize the good in the religion to make the best out of our lives and make world a better place.

:nail

oh ki kehnde aa.. great minds think alike :roll :roll :roll :roll

full_taur

hehe !!! Bulle Shah is here again.. I think he is forgetting the first line of Gurbaani.. IK ONKAAR... So buddy all religions are same.. and under the hood they all teaches you one main thing.. and thats GOD

Ramta

- -
- -

hehe !!! Bulle Shah is here again.. I think he is forgetting the first line of Gurbaani.. IK ONKAAR... So buddy all religions are same.. and under the hood they all teaches you one main thing.. and thats GOD

The first line of Gubani is no the first line ever afterall. That line was said before.
Omkara had existed before Gurbani...

Vedic (ancient Hindu) Om

150px-Aum.svg.png

DevaNagari 'OM'

Jain Om

Ekonkarnormalpng-1.jpg

Punjabi 'Ik' + 'Om'

150pxTamil_om-1.png

Tamil 'OM'

omsmallnew-1.gif

Bengali 'Om'

TibAum-1.png

Tibeti 'OM'

Thanks

- -
- -

bulll shit mr. bulleshah

Guru Gobid never worshipped any hindu deity...
His lines from Dasam Granth...

"Main na pratham ganesh manaoon, Kishan, Bhishan, kab huoon na dhiyahoon"

"I Dont worship Ganesh Before anything, I never worship, Kishan or any other deity."
Besides this read this article below...The RSS idiots are trying to influence people that sikhism is an offshoot of hinduism...check this out...but i guess ur one of them...!

http://www.searchsikhism.com/goddess.html

rgxsingh

Elite
leave this talk, these hindus cant understand.(dont mind hindus)
ok god is one respect all relegions.... but sikh da sir sri guru granth sahib agge hi jhukna chahi da hai!
thats alll
leave alll deh-dharis!

aaja Bullehshah ur dad is here...!

OM- It is composed of three letters,
A- Creation- clearly pointing towaro Hindu Mythology is the creatords Lord Brahma who according to Hindu mythology is a creator.
U- Preservation- Pointiong towards Lord Vishnu.
M- Transmutation clearly pointing towards Lord Shiva.

Now Take this-

IK ONKAR- Two separate words...
Ik means One
ONKAR means almighty, the true lord.

As such we can see there is contradiction between the concepts of OM and IK ONKAR.
OM points out at three different Gods- Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva which shows the the multiGod belief in hinduism.
IK ONKAR represent only one GOD, the one and only.

NOW would you still say that IK ONKAR is representation of OM.

AND also it ONKAR not OM-KAR...!