Shaheed Ajit Singh - 1947

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA

Shaheed Ajit Singh - 1947

Shaheed Ajit Singh, a noted revolutionary leader, after spending most of his life in exile, finally came to Dalhousie in the last days of his life to rest and retreat.
He was born at Khatkarkalan village in Jalandhar District. He studied at D.A.V. College, Lahore and later on Law College, Barreily.
He plunged into the freedom movement and left his law studies. In 1907, he was deported to Mandalay Jail in Burma along with Lala Lajpat Rai. After his release, he fled to Iran. From there, he traveled to Rome, Geneva, Paris, and Rio de Janeiro.
In 1918, he came in close contact with the Ghadar Party in San Francisco. In 1939, he returned to Europe and later on helped Netaji Subash Chander Bose in his mission in Italy.
In 1946, he came back to India at the invitatioin of Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru. After spending some time in Delhi, he came to Dalhousie.
On August 15, 1947 he breathed his last breath. On this date India god its Independence. His last words were, "Thank God, my mission is fufilled."
A samadhi in his memory at Panjpula.
he was uncle of legendary martyr for Indian Independence, Shaheed Bhagat Singh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

" I visited at samadhi last week...and from thr i know that no one hav respect for great freedom fighters....
Outside the samadhi...thr written that " PLZ REMOVE YOUR SHOES" ....nd i seen that how many people hav removed and hav respect for them !"