Sajan offered Rs 3 crore to 1984 witness Bibi Nirpreet Kaur

pps309

Prime VIP
For more than 26 years, the victims of the 1984 anti-Sikh pogroms have been fighting a long and lonely battle for justice. Justice is not only being delayed but virtually denied by powerful Congress leaders - ironically even by those whose job is to protect the interests of the minorities.

Former member of Parliament Sajjan Kumar has been accused of instigating mobs to kill innocent Sikhs in 1984 in the aftermath of Indira Gandhi's assassination. However, Harinder Singh Baweja, Editor, investigations, has exposed the ugly, uncomfortable truth about him.

A special investigation by Headlines Today has found that Nirpreet Kaur, a key witness against Sajjan Kumar, was being pressurised by H.S. Hanspal, a senior member of the Minorities Commission.

Hanspal, a prominent Congressman, who was the chief whip for the party in the Rajya Sabha in the early 80s, can be seen, sitting in his office, speaking to Nirpreet Kaur, who saw Sajjan Kumar come to Raj Nagar locality in Delhi Cantonment during the pogrom and say, "Ek bhi Sardar zinda nahi bacchna chaahiye (Not a single Sikh should remain alive)."

In the meeting in his office, Hanspal tells Nirpreet to sit down "aamne saamne (face-to-face)" with the person she was to soon testify against. Headlines Today accompanied Nirpreet to Hanspal's office. The Minorities Commission member was a bit wary of a stranger but that doesn't stop him from trying to persuade Nirpreet to have a meeting with Sajjan Kumar.

Hanspal (in Punjabi): Compensation wali gal karni heh yaan doosri gal karni heh (You want to talk about compensation or the other thing?)

Nirpreet: Tussi unha nu puchho, ko o ki chande neh (You ask him [Sajjan Kumar] what he wants.)

A little later...

Hanspal (gesturing towards the Headlines Today reporter): Can we talk for two minutes? koi nahi, enna nu patta hai sab kuchh kyon ki mein kuchh witness toh chuppana nahi chandi jo vi hoyega enha de samne hoyega. (Never mind, he knows everything because I don't want to hide anything from the witnesses).

A little later...

Nirpreet: Dekho, marya taan hai unha ne. Uthe aa ke meri gal khadi ho jaandi heh. Chalo, thwade kehan the, mein case vapas vi ley laine haan, par o kuchh taan karan, public apology. Kuchh mehsoos taan karan (See, he has committed murders ... that is where I get stuck. Even if I withdraw the case because you are telling me to, he should also do something, some public apology. He should also feel that he has done a wrong).

Hanspal: Amne saamne baith ke gal kar lo (Sit in front of each other and talk).

Nirpreet: O court vich aande ne, hasde khedde, mera haur man sarda heh. Unha nu bilkul vi sharma nahi heh ki assi enna vada kam keet heh. (He [Sajjan] comes to court laughing and jesting and it makes me feel worse. He has no shame; no acknowledgment of the enormity of his crime.

Hanspal: Baith ke gal karan ge.(He'll sit down and talk to you.)

Hanspal is not speaking about compensation, as his job profile demands. He continues to exert pressure on Nirpreet. He wants her to sit face-to-face with Sajjan Kumar and he keeps telling her, not once but three times, to call Ahulwalia, a common friend.

Hanspal: Should I call Ahluwalia?

Nirpreet: Hearings are on in the court. I'll call him.

Hanspal is keen on an early meeting and once again says he could call Ahluwalia.

Nirpreet: Can you give me his number?

Hanspal: Shall I call Ahluwalia? I have his number.

Nirpreet: Yes, please call.

Hanspal: Tussi mainu shaam nu das deyo (Let me know by the evening). Kal ya parso beh jao (Sit down together tomorrow or the day after).

Nirpreet has not just given graphic details of how her father, Nirmal Singh, was killed, but has now also testified in court on what exactly happened that morning in 1984, when Sajjan Kumar came to the Raj Bagh locality, where she stayed with her parents.

Nirpreet Kaur says, "The mob caught hold of my father. Balwan Khokhar and Mahendra Yadav were there. They sprinkled kerosene over him and started looking for a match box and a policeman told them, 'doob maro, tum se ek Sardar bhi nahi jalta' - (Idiots! You can't even kill a single Sikh properly!) - and then the policeman gave them a match box to set my father on fire. My father jumped into a nearby nullah (drain) to save himself, but the mob came back and Khokhar hit my father with a rod."

The next morning, on November 2, Nirpreet saw Congress leader Sajjan Kumar standing in a police jeep and addressing a mob. "I saw a mob and heard the noise of slogans. Our vehicle stopped there and I saw that in the police vehicle Sajjan Kumar was standing and was addressing the mob, saying 'Ek bhi Sardar jinda nahi bacchna chaahiye, jo ghar Sardaron ka bacha hai, usey bhi jalaa do. In Sardaron ko maaron, inhone hamari maan ko maara heh, ye saa(n)p ke bachche hain." - (Not a single Sikh should remain alive. Any houses of Sikhs that remain should be burnt down too. Kill these Sikhs, they have killed our mother. They are young snakes, all.)

This is the testimony Sajjan Kumar and his mediators wanted to stop. Nirpreet's startling claim is that she was offered as much as Rs 30 million [approx. US $750,000.00] to turn a hostile witness and help him.

Headlines Today tried to contact senior Congress leader Sajjan Kumar, but he refused to comment.

Says Nirpreet, "I was offered Rs. three crore (30 million) to change my testimony. Hanspal kept telling me to not mention Sajjan Kumar's name."

hutp6

Re: Sajan offered Rs 3 crore to 1984 witness Bibi Nirpreet K

This person is not a sikh. He is a naam dhari

pps309

Prime VIP

Bibi ji please tusi hostile na banyo, Guru Maharaj aap thode ang sang sahai hoke thonu bal bakshan.
Loka nu v chanan ho je ugarwadi kaun aa te satyavadi kaun aa.
27 saal to jo Insaf lai larr rahe oh ugarwadi aa, 1947 to apne naal kitte vaade ya haqqa nu mangan wal ugarwadi ne yaa fer sare-aam chitte din ik kaum di nasalkushi karan wale ugarwadi ne?????

pps309

Prime VIP

waise kamal di gal aa ke kaum naal edda vada dhakka hoya osda enna vada sabut samne haiga, fer v sara desh chup aa............te je kitta koi topi dhoti aala bukh hartal te baith jaanda te sara desh ohnu ser te chuki firda.

Aa GULAMI di nishani aa.............manno ya na manno oh gal vakhri aa

pps bhaji sanu ta ehsaas hai par bakiya nu ne hai ki assi gulaam aa..... sant jarnail singh ji kehnde sn ki jad tak har sikh noujwan de, bajurg de,bacche de,bibi de dimaag wich eh gal ghar nai kra jandi ki assi gulam aa tad tak gulami ne lehni sade gallo

userid50966

baii ji menu lghda gulam hon da karan apan khudh han sochan wali glh hai , i think paddo rajh karo wali glh hai apne ch we are all divided think about it fer apan hor charhca karan ge kafi dunga topic hai ji eh

waise kamal di gal aa ke kaum naal edda vada dhakka hoya osda enna vada sabut samne haiga, fer v sara desh chup aa............te je kitta koi topi dhoti aala bukh hartal te baith jaanda te sara desh ohnu ser te chuki firda.

Aa GULAMI di nishani aa.............manno ya na manno oh gal vakhri aa

snoopan warge ni mande....ehna nu puchey hor saboot ki chahida.

pps309

Prime VIP

baii ji menu lghda gulam hon da karan apan khudh han sochan wali glh hai , i think paddo rajh karo wali glh hai apne ch we are all divided think about it fer apan hor charhca karan ge kafi dunga topic hai ji eh

I agree with it.
Appa ess level te pahunch gaye aa ke sadi soch hi ghulam ho chuki aa, sadi apni soch bachi nahi, media, leadra de bashan te jhotte dhong dhoksale saanu bheda waang hak rahe aa. Jidar nu oh tor dinde odar nu sadi soch turan lag jaandi.

Sikh apne halat lai aap jimmewar ne kyunki sikha di matt apni aap hi baji hoi aa. Kuch leader bikke hoye aa, kuch bikan nu tyar ne. Ek sikh hoke duje sikh te bharosa karna aukha hoya paya, ke kiss time teesi te pahunch ke naal wala banda bik je. Bahar wale nu ta assi bal ni binga karan dinde je saade andro gaddari muk je.

Any guess ki karan aa saade andar enni vandiya da?????
SAD (Badal), SAD (Amritsar), SAD panch pardhani, SAD 1920, SAD Longowal, now PPP
SSF(Mehta), SSF (Chawla), SSF (Grewal), SSF (Peer Mohammad)
Damdami Taksal (Dhumma), Damdami Taksal (Giani Ram Singh), Damdami Taksal (Baba Thakur Singh)
Ki assi enne jaade intelligent hoge ke katthe reh ni sakde?? Par vakh reh ke v koi pahar ni bhan laya.
Yaa fer saanu sareya nu chodhar pyari aa ke apne apne jhande ad hi jhulane aa????
Yaa fer mukdi gal aa ke murkha de tole aa. Govt de hath bik jaande aa. jad koi sikh party strong hundi ohdo ohnu dufaar kar dinde aa.

snoopy_amli

___I. A. F.___

snoopan warge ni mande....ehna nu puchey hor saboot ki chahida.

did yu comment on me??? i have never ever discussed 1984 ...i alws hated INDIRA gandhi for one reason or another and i am very shameful to hear that if yu think so............. If anna in his 70's can do such a wonderful thing why our SIKHS can not??? bas Punjab ch beh k gal krna aasan ae and for yu in kneda :blah :blah

why doesnt Punjabi youth come forward ???? ithe FB te share krke je kush hoya tan plzzzzz i wud be happy to hear

i love my Country and nothing else.......... i am no religious but no anti sikh either .....

i curiously want to say so many things but NO i wont ........as it would take the topic to other side

pps309

Prime VIP

did yu comment on me??? i have never ever discussed 1984 ...i alws hated INDIRA gandhi for one reason or another and i am very shameful to hear that if yu think so............. If anna in his 70's can do such a wonderful thing why our SIKHS can not??? bas Punjab ch beh k gal krna aasan ae and for yu in kneda :blah :blah

why doesnt Punjabi youth come forward ???? ithe FB te share krke je kush hoya tan plzzzzz i wud be happy to hear

i love my Country and nothing else.......... i am no religious but no anti sikh either .....

i curiously want to say so many things but NO i wont ........as it would take the topic to other side

I would like to share something with you. Whatever Anna is doing or did, Sikhs started their movement on the same lines (i.e. peaceful protest and jail bharo andolan etc etc). After the arrest of around 200,000 protestors Central govt gave them the disputed torn Punjab, they never asked for this punjab or this type of governance.
Then Sant Longowal took risk of his life (finally lost it) and signed an accord with Rajiv Gandhi (Rajiv-Longowal accord). This accord is not fulfilled till yet.
My POINT is that, Sikhs do have long history of peacful protests like Gurdwara Sudhar Lehar, Anti-British rule etc. Sikhs peacful protests dates way back in history (Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev) then Gandhi coming into picture.
Even these days, Sikh youths do peaceful protests but they are killed by Police bullets (december 2009 Ludhiana Kaand). Our father told us that if all means fail, it is righteous to raise a sword. We cannot reinvent the wheel again and again.

Regarding 1984, Sikh youths under the banner of AISSF and Sikhs for Justice do protest in Delhi during court hearings, what is the result???? Why not Indian Public and Media makes it a big deal, just the same they did by coming in support for Anna Hazare?? On the contrary public rewarded genocidial criminals with Member of Parliament seats?Compare 27 years with 3 days of Anna Hazare protest??
Also as you said Sikhs should come forward for 1984 masacre, which they do. Does that mean it is a Sikh thingy and nothing Indian in it? If that is the case (which actually is), sorry to say then separate Sikhs from Indians.

I partially agree with you, but I want to make it clear that Sikh did start with peaceful protests and are still with it. It seems govt/media is deaf, or less then 2% doesn't hold much weight in democracy.

userid50966

i want to add here baii gg on partion ponit that i do agree with you ,but je dhyan nal sochea jayea jatt kahon wale awde ap nuucha dasan wale jatt hi sikhi nu sabh ton wadh adda la rahe nea,apan je sochea dhayan nal tan kissea v hor cast walea nu apan nivan hi smjhde han jinah marzi oh gursikh hojave pehlan ahepuchde ke thuhada goth ki hai ya wht is ur cast jadh apan durkarah de han te duje lok dhongi babe esse glh da fayeda chuk ohna nu awde magar lavnde neate fer hun joresult ne pne sahmnea nea khudh jatt v sikhi te purrea nahi rahe dujean nu v nal na rakh sakkea thion enne partyian ennea babe hoagyea ke sanu ptah nahi lagh reha shuru kithon hoyeea jadh ke shurat khudh ton karo har gursikh da satkarh karro je koi hor cast wala v sikhi nu apna una chahunda hai ohda purra satkarh karro help karo baki tusi ap seane ho

onlycheema

Banned

This is shameful. :( How nirprit said, "jadon mein court ch jaani aa sajjan kumar ta hassde hunde ne" :( jaa yaar. This sometimes justifies the rage, it's just that we portray it as religion against religion whilst it should seen as barbarism vs civilized society. Just now, the intelligence cop from gujarat recorded statements against modi, and all this is going to be all waste. Some brave men/women do come forward, in the end it collectively amounts to garbage. It's not that this must be the first time she must've been pressurised, and on top of that see how she must be living without her husband.

onlycheema

Banned

bas Punjab ch beh k gal krna aasan ae and for yu in kneda :blah :blah

Well, first of all Canada has tolerance levels and is peaceful. And whenever this topic comes up people very promptly point out, shaddap you are living in foreign country. As an IITian i feel the same barbs, oh you are out of country whilst living on indian tax payers money. Stats show IITians give back 15 rs. on every 1 rs. invested on them.
We need to know why in the first place they went to canada and are now against india, the major cause was upset in punjab in 90's, police agencies were picking people up like crazy and killing them in fake encounters, they had to run and they chose canada, this is why these countries are now a base and naturally they harper bitterness and rightly so. And an average child here is much more educated about punjab issues, i personally know 5 girls who are in punjab on education mission right now. They'll be there for 5 months, just because TOI doesn't carry a story about it, don't jump to quick conclusions and never ever point fingers at guys living abroad. They're contributing immensely to india's image rather than guys back home torching graham steines.