Racist Idiot Attacks MTA Worke"You Are The Brother Of Osama"

marine

Mann
There are three kinds of pests the city will never be lacking in: Yankees fans, bed bugs and racist morons. One particularly dumb racist attacked a Sikh MTA employee in Brooklyn on an A train on Memorial Day, knocking out three of his teeth. "He was saying, 'You are the brother of Osama.' I said, 'I am not Osama. I have nothing to do with him!'" said Queens resident Jiwan Singh, an Indian immigrant who moved to the US over 30 years ago.

6511sikh-1.jpg

The car was half-empty around 11:30 p.m. when Singh was riding to work and was approached by the attacker, whom he described as a black man in his late 20s. The man first demanded he give up his seat, despite plenty of open seats, and when Singh refused, the attacked grabbed him and threw him out: "He said, 'Taliban, you sit there!'" Before getting off at Kingston Avenue, the attacker angrily sucker-punched him twice: "He said, 'This is for you, Osama!' It was so fast. I couldn't even defend myself."
The NYPD hate crimes task force are investigating the incident as a bias attack. This wasn't the first misdirected attack on Singh's family: the father of five said his son Jasmir lost an eye after being stabbed by attackers in 2009 who targeted him because of his turban and traditional beard. "I just wish people were not cruel," said his daughter, Piarry.
Contact the author of this article or email tips@gothamist.com with further questions, comments or tips.

pps309

Prime VIP
Re: Racist Idiot Attacks MTA Worke"You Are The Brother Of Os

this is a sad situation,
I guess our community should get involve more with others. We should not just live in our groups or ghettos

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47

thats bad man! People are stupid , they are not insulting us but themselves by doing this

prithvi.k

on off on off......

One particularly dumb racist attacked a Sikh MTA employee in Brooklyn on an A train on Memorial Day, knocking out three of his teeth. "He was saying, 'You are the brother of Osama.' I said, 'I am not Osama. I have nothing to do with him!'" said Queens resident Jiwan Singh, an Indian immigrant who moved to the US over 30 years ago.
Now thats a huge powerful punch..But i still cant undertand r these people so dumb that they cant see/understand the difference between a osama and a common sikh ?And this incident not happen first time !

Sikh man in US punched by man who called him "Osama's brother"

NEW YORK: In a "bias" attack, a Sikh man lost three of his teeth after being sucker-punched in a moving train in the US by a man, who accused him of being related to slain al-QaIda chief Osama Bin Laden.

Jiwan Singh, who came to America 30 years ago and is an employee of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), was attacked on the US Memorial Day on May 30, The New York Daily News reported.

"He was saying, 'You are the brother of Osama,", the 59-year-old Singh was quoted as saying by the news website.

"I said, 'I am not Osama. I have nothing to do with him!"

The daily said the Sikh MTA employee was riding a train to work in Brooklyn from his home in Richmond Hill on Memorial Day when a hate-spewing straphanger accused him of being related to bin Laden and then sucker-punched him.

The father of five said his son, Jasmir, 23, had also lost an eye after being stabbed by attackers in 2009 who targeted him because of his turban and traditional beard.

"We are Indians," he said, recalling other "Osama" slurs he's endured because of his long, white beard.

"Due to that ... I have suffered so much, my family has suffered so much, my community has suffered so much."