Questions And Answers On Sikh History

Johal

ChArDi KaLaN
I will here post Questions and Answers On Sikh History part by part every day. If you have any more then please join me over here​

thankxxxx​

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ON SIKH HISTORY

Name the ten Gurus of the Sikhs in the right order
  1. Guru Nanak Dev Ji (1469 - 1539)
  2. Guru Angad Dev Ji (1504 - 1552)
  3. Guru Amardas Ji (1479 - 1574)
  4. Guru Ramdas Ji (1534 - 1581)
  5. Guru Arjan Dev Ji (1563 - 1606)
  6. Guru Hargobind Ji (1595 - 1644)
  7. Guru Har Rai Ji (1630 - 1661)
  8. Guru Harkrishan Ji (1656 - 1664)
  9. Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji (1621 - 1675)
  10. Guru Gobind Singh Ji (1666 - 1708)
Name the present Guru of the Sikhs
  1. Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Guru Panth Khalsa
Who were the four Sahebzadas ?

They were the sons of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Name the four Sahebzadas
  1. Baba Ajit Singh Ji (1687 - 1704)
  2. Baba Jujhar Singh Ji (1689 - 1704)
  3. Baba Zorawar Singh Ji (1696 - 1704)
  4. Baba Fateh Singh Ji (1698 - 1704)
Who was the eldest Sahebzada ?

Baba Ajit Singh Ji

Who was the youngest Sahebzada ?

Baba Fateh Singh Ji

Name the Sahebzadas who were bricked alive.
  1. Baba Fateh Singh Ji
  2. Baba Zorawar Singh Ji
Name the Sahebzadas who achieved martyrdom in the battlefield of Chamkaur.
  1. Baba Ajit Singh Ji
  2. Baba Jujhar Singh Ji
When & where was the Khalsa Panth created ?

It was created on the day of Vaisakhi of the year 1699 at Kesgarh Saheb, Anandpur by Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

What name did Guru Gobind Singh Ji give to the newly created Sikh Community ?

Khalsa Panth

Johal

ChArDi KaLaN
Name the first 'Panj Pyaras' (The five beloved ones)
  1. Bhai Daya Singh Ji
  2. Bhai Dharam Singh Ji
  3. Bhai Himmat Singh Ji
  4. Bhai Mohkkam Singh Ji
  5. Bhai Saheb Singh Ji
Name the five 'K's that every Sikh must always possess

1. Kes (unshorn hair)
  2. Kangha (comb)
  3. Kirpan (knife / sword)
  4. Kaccha (short breeches)
  5. Kara (wrist band / bangle)
Who is the spiritual father of all Sikhs (Khalsas) ?
Guru Gobind Singh Ji
Who is the spiritual mother of all Sikhs (Khalsas) ?

Mata Saheb Kaur Ji

What is the native place of all Sikhs (Khalsas) ?

Anandpur Saheb

What is the Sikh Salutation ?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

What is the Sikh Jaikara ?

Jo Boley So Nihaal
Sat Sri Akaal

What is the literal meaning of the word 'Sikh' ?

Disciple

What is the literal meaning of the word 'Singh' ?

Lion

What is the literal meaning of the word 'Kaur' ?
Princess

Johal

ChArDi KaLaN
Name the five prayers that comprise 'NITNEM' the daily prayer of the Sikhs (according to the SGPC Rehat Maryada)
  1. Morning (Dawn - Amrit Wela)
  2. Japji Saheb
  3. Jaap Saheb
  4. Sawaiye
  5. Evening (Dusk)
  6. Rehras Saheb which comprises Sodar, Choupai Saheb, Six (first 5 and 40th) Pauris of Anand Saheb, Mundawani, and Salok Mahala 2, the concluding hymn of Guru Granth Saheb.
Night (Before sleeping)
(Kirtan) Sohaila)

Which of the 'Baanis' of 'Nitnem' are not included in Guru Granth Saheb, but are taken from the 'Dasham Granth' ?
  1. Jaap Saheb
  2. Sawaye
  3. Choupai Saheb (included in Rehras Saheb)
Name the 'Five Takhts' of the Sikhs
  1. Akal Takht, Amritsar
  2. Harmandir Saheb, Patna (also known as Patna Saheb)
  3. Kesgarh Saheb, Anandpur
  4. Hazur Saheb, Nander
  5. Damdama Saheb, Talwandi Sabo (Bhatinda)
Which Guru started the formal teaching of the 'Gurmukhi' script ?

Guru Angad Dev Ji

Which Guru formalised the concept of the shared meal into 'Guru-Ka-Langar' ?

Guru Amardas Ji

Who was the most long-lived Guru ?

Guru Amardas Ji.

Who got the tank excavated (dug out) in Amritsar ?

Guru Ramdas Ji

Who built Harmandir Saheb (The Golden Temple) and gave a central place of worship to the Sikhs ?

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Who first placed the sheets of copper gilt on Harmandir Saheb ?

Maharaja Ranjit Singh

Da Tiwana

Inspector Sa'ab ;)
Name the five prayers that comprise 'NITNEM' the daily prayer of the Sikhs (according to the SGPC Rehat Maryada)
  2. Japji Saheb
  3. Jaap Saheb
  4. Sawaiye
  5. Evening (Dusk)
  6. Rehras Saheb which comprises Sodar, Choupai Saheb, Six (first 5 and 40th) Pauris of Anand Saheb, Mundawani, and Salok Mahala 2, the concluding hymn of Guru Granth Saheb.
Night (Before sleeping)
(Kirtan) Sohaila)

Which of the 'Baanis' of 'Nitnem' are not included in Guru Granth Saheb, but are taken from the 'Dasham Granth' ?
  1. Jaap Saheb
  2. Sawaye
well dunno much about Rehat Maryada as given by SGPC, but as far as Rara Sahib Samprda as well as Damdami Taksal Rehat Maryada, is concerned, they have 5 Banis for the morning, viz:
1. Japji Sahib
2. Jaap Shaib
3. Anand Sahib(40 pauriyaan)
4. Chaupai Sahib
5. Tve Prasad Swayiye

n then we have Rehras Sahib for the evening and Kirtan Sohila at night.

please note i am not going in the discussion who is right or wrong, i just wanna let all guys know, since this info was shared by my friend johal here.
THANKS.

pps309

Prime VIP
[/list]well dunno much about Rehat Maryada as given by SGPC, but as far as Rara Sahib Samprda as well as Damdami Taksal Rehat Maryada, is concerned, they have 5 Banis for the morning, viz:
1. Japji Sahib
2. Jaap Shaib
4. Chaupai Sahib
5. Tve Prasad Swayiye

please note i am not going in the discussion who is right or wrong, i just wanna let all guys know, since this info was shared by my friend johal here.
THANKS.
Tiwana 22 ji tusi teek kehne aa....Aj hi gurughar ch koi mainu eh samjhya raya si. Appa discuss kar rahe sige ke kidda saver nu main Bani paran nu hor vadava.

pps309

Prime VIP
Guru Gobind Singh Ji ne KHALSA (Singh) kyun sajaye?

Nauvi Patsahi Guru Teg Bahadur Ji di Saheedi to baad, jo Singh Guru Ji da seesh laike Guru Gobind Singh Ji kol aaye ta Guru Gobind Singh ji ne ohna kolo swal pucchya ke oss time otthe kinne hor Sikh sige.
Ta jawab mila ke shardalu ta bohat si par aa nahi pata lag sakya ke Guru Ka Sikh kaun kaun si. Taa Guru Gobind Singh ji ne Guru Ka Singh (Khalsa) saajan da sochya, jo ki bheed ch kalla alag hi disda.

Bhul Chuk galti maaf....

Waheguru Ji Ka khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
Johal 22..........thoda kot kot dhanwad aa......aa bohat hi wadia thread aa.

Thanks to Apninder, Tiwana, Johal, Smiley and other fellow UNPIANs fo their wonderful contribution in Religion section.....
first of all ,,, thnx JOHAL ji for this wonderful thread,,, somehow i missed it,, per hun dekh ke sarian posts pahdiyan iss thread ch saian da jogdaan sohna aa,, bohut sawaal jihna da jawab mere kol v nahi c,,, i'm greatful to all of you, mein te haale har roj bohut kujh sikhdi aa,,, parmatma sanu sabh nu dihaadi ch 2 ghante jaroor dewe,, ta jo assin ohdi bandagi ch ohda naam lain layee baith sakkiye,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 2ndly,,,,PPS309 thnx ji inna maan dain layee,, mein ithe jo posts kardi aa,, oh te mein apne layee kardi aa,, ta ki menu kujh bani cho prapat ho sake,,, anjaane ch ohda assar tuhade sabh te v bohut hunda aa,, mein uss waheguru parmatma nu ardaas kardi aa, ki oh sada sare UNPians da pyar edda hi banaye rakhe

Johal

ChArDi KaLaN
app sab da bhaut bhaut dhawad. mein ih thread is lai start kite c ke ajj kal bhaut sare bandian nu apne religious bare basic cheeza hi nai pata.

22 Daman & Param bahut bhaut dhanwadd information add karan laii.

pps309

Prime VIP
first of all ,,, thnx JOHAL ji for this wonderful thread,,, somehow i missed it,, per hun dekh ke sarian posts pahdiyan iss thread ch saian da jogdaan sohna aa,, bohut sawaal jihna da jawab mere kol v nahi c,,, i'm greatful to all of you, mein te haale har roj bohut kujh sikhdi aa,,, parmatma sanu sabh nu dihaadi ch 2 ghante jaroor dewe,, ta jo assin ohdi bandagi ch ohda naam lain layee baith sakkiye,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 2ndly,,,,PPS309 thnx ji inna maan dain layee,, mein ithe jo posts kardi aa,, oh te mein apne layee kardi aa,, ta ki menu kujh bani cho prapat ho sake,,, anjaane ch ohda assar tuhade sabh te v bohut hunda aa,, mein uss waheguru parmatma nu ardaas kardi aa, ki oh sada sare UNPians da pyar edda hi banaye rakhe
hanji appa har roj hi sikh de aa....Main aap roz kuch na kuch sikhan di koshish karda.........te UNP da reigion section hun alive ho gaya aa...........Waheguru Mehar Kare, Main v time kad ke apna contribution shuru karda...haje ta paran ch hi sara time nikal janda :)

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
hanji appa har roj hi sikh de aa....Main aap roz kuch na kuch sikhan di koshish karda.........te UNP da reigion section hun alive ho gaya aa...........Waheguru Mehar Kare, Main v time kad ke apna contribution shuru karda...haje ta paran ch hi sara time nikal janda :)
yes dear parrai v bohut jaroori aa,, life bnaan laye,, oh v ghar di ik gristi waang aa karni paindi aa

pps309

Prime VIP
yes dear parrai v bohut jaroori aa,, life bnaan laye,, oh v ghar di ik gristi waang aa karni paindi aa
nahi ji parai means aa reigious section ch threads di parai........Skooli parai to taa main nikal chuka.....Waheguru Di Mehar naal changa Kaam-kaaj chal raya

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
nahi ji parai means aa reigious section ch threads di parai........Skooli parai to taa main nikal chuka.....Waheguru Di Mehar naal changa Kaam-kaaj chal raya
acha g,, chalo,, ih te fer hor v jada important aa, ,,, ihdi parrai karan naal te mann nu saanti mildi aa

Johal

ChArDi KaLaN
Originally Posted by [B said:
reshmi_mutiyar[/B]
first of all ,,, thnx JOHAL ji for this wonderful thread,,, somehow i missed it,, per hun dekh ke sarian posts pahdiyan iss thread ch saian da jogdaan sohna aa,, bohut sawaal jihna da jawab mere kol v nahi c,,, i'm greatful to all of you, mein te haale har roj bohut kujh sikhdi aa,,, parmatma sanu sabh nu dihaadi ch 2 ghante jaroor dewe,, ta jo assin ohdi bandagi ch ohda naam lain layee baith sakkiye,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,, 2ndly,,,,PPS309 thnx ji inna maan dain layee,, mein ithe jo posts kardi aa,, oh te mein apne layee kardi aa,, ta ki menu kujh bani cho prapat ho sake,,, anjaane ch ohda assar tuhade sabh te v bohut hunda aa,, mein uss waheguru parmatma nu ardaas kardi aa, ki oh sada sare UNPians da pyar edda hi banaye rakhe

I do agree. sanu pani daily life wich bahut kuj sikhan lai milda hai. te ih sade te hai ki asi ki kuj sikhde han. Param 22 pardna te honsla dena wi bahut wadda contribution hai. ummed karda han ke hole hole hor wi member religious section nal judan ge . Te mein parmatma agee adras karan ge ke rabb UNP de sare members uthe mehar bhariaa hath rakhee te Gur sikhi jeewan nal jode.

smilly

VIP
  2. Japji Saheb
  3. Jaap Saheb
  4. Sawaiye
  5. Evening (Dusk)
Night (Before sleeping)
(Kirtan) Sohaila)

1. Jaap Saheb
  2. Sawaye
Name the 'Five Takhts' of the Sikhs
  1. Akal Takht, Amritsar
  2. Harmandir Saheb, Patna (also known as Patna Saheb)
  3. Kesgarh Saheb, Anandpur
  4. Hazur Saheb, Nander
  5. Damdama Saheb, Talwandi Sabo (Bhatinda)
Which Guru started the formal teaching of the 'Gurmukhi' script ?

Guru Angad Dev Ji

Which Guru formalised the concept of the shared meal into 'Guru-Ka-Langar' ?

Guru Amardas Ji

Who was the most long-lived Guru ?

Guru Amardas Ji.

Who got the tank excavated (dug out) in Amritsar ?

Guru Ramdas Ji

Who built Harmandir Saheb (The Golden Temple) and gave a central place of worship to the Sikhs ?

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Who first placed the sheets of copper gilt on Harmandir Saheb ?

Maharaja Ranjit Singh

thanx johal 22 ji ......... bhut vadiyaa keep it up...... bhut saariyaa galan hai jo aapaan nahi jande par thivade te sareyaan de esh thread vich paan naal jaan ja ge......

smilly

VIP
[/list]well dunno much about Rehat Maryada as given by SGPC, but as far as Rara Sahib Samprda as well as Damdami Taksal Rehat Maryada, is concerned, they have 5 Banis for the morning, viz:
1. Japji Sahib
2. Jaap Shaib
4. Chaupai Sahib
5. Tve Prasad Swayiye

THANKS.

thanx 22 ji bhut vadiyaa......... hor kidaan hoo..... bhut vadiyaa threas hai eh for sharing information.....

smilly

VIP
Johal 22..........thoda kot kot dhanwad aa......aa bohat hi wadia thread aa.

Thanks to Apninder, Tiwana, Johal, Smiley and other fellow UNPIANs fo their wonderful contribution in Religion section.....

thanx 22 ji thuvada vi bhut roll hai region te main vi thuvanu bhut bhut thanx karna chahunda haa

thanx dear....... Sadaa khus ravo.........

Da Tiwana

Inspector Sa'ab ;)
thanx 22 ji bhut vadiyaa......... hor kidaan hoo..... bhut vadiyaa threas hai eh for sharing information.....
hor ji janaab ki haal aa?
main taan ji wadhiya, baabe di full kirpa, sab set aa
tusi dasso ki chal reha?