Prime VIP
Raula ehda aa i think. Kisse ne wtsap te bheji c. Baki pata ni

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 755

#m@nn#

The He4rt H4ck3r
This film should be banned... One person has played Guru's role and producers r saying its 3D graphics .. if they wanted to make film on Guru Ji they could have make like Chaar Sahibzaade.. all animations ... personally I feel it should be banned.. even petition has been filed in High Court

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
this is from a facebook post--

Sukhwant Randhawa -Having watched the whole movie in a pre-release screening at the cinema, I can safely tell you all to ignore the haters.

1. The wet glowing man is not Guru Ji. He is an angel or a saint witnessed by Bhullar Rai on the night of Guru Ji's birth.

2. All images of Guru Ji are CGI and his face is never shown. At best, you see glimpses occasionally of a profile in the shade.

3. His voice is computerised. If you object to his message being vocalised then you should also object to Gurbani being read in a Gurdwara because those are his words.

4. Guru Ji lifts his arms up in prayer as well as holding his hand up to shoulder height and he also puts his hands together.

5. Guru Ji and his family are all portrayed in a loving and respectful way. Even the excesses of his father are toned down in the movie.

6. In the movie he is referred to as "Guru", "Baba", "Nanak", "Nanak Ji" and finally "Nanak Shah Fakir".

7. The Shabaads, music and sound is beautiful as is the imagery in the movie. The Jagganath temple scene is simply mind blowing and brought tears to my eyes.

8. The depiction of Babur's invasion is quite brutal and bloody so not recommended for small children.

8. Puneet Sikka plays the role of Nanaki with humility, respect and grace and I am ashamed to read what the extremists have been saying about her.

It is a must watch movie. If I have any criticisms then it is that, in parts, the story slows down and I personally believe that the Ganga watering incident should have been included. It's omission I think had a lot to do with political sensitivities. The film does however deal with pundit/hindu superstitions but, for me, it could have dwelt a bit longer on this subject. It also only touched upon Guru Ji's condemnation of Mughal brutality and did not show how he changed Babur. However, the film has to appeal to a mass audience and the Ik Onkar message is more important than alienating other religions.

DBF

Mad
news ch padeya c k sgpc ne ve pass kerditi c... par janta ne thodi dekhi aa, o tan release tak roula payi rakhu...

kit walker

VIP
Staff member
Hater say this movie is full of Pakhands and anti sikh values. Set a side portal of guru by a human. kindly note that Pakhand was eminent at birth of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. So if someone want narrate the same time line that pakahand had to be shown. Anti Sikh values were also there. Guru Nanak Dev Ji Traveled across globe even to europe to meet the pope, middle east etc. He preached the truthful living and taking God's name. Truly if no one can portray Gurus then we should not keep the pictures of Gurus in our home as the face is replicated from human. The famous Sobha Singh Portrait of Guru Nanak Dev ji had a sadhu in meditation as human model. he also used the one model to portray both Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji. So keeping Pictures of Guru is also Anti Sikhism as portraits and Statues are banned for worship in Sikhism. I have heard the music of Movie the Music is Soulful n shabad are in voice of Bhai Nirmal Singh Ex Hazuri Ragi Darbar Sahib Amritsar. Let the People see that what were the conditions in India when our religion was born. Rest Hater ave their own choice.

Hi frnds jo log is film te ban di mang kar rae aa ki ona ne ki ona ne sikh dharm da parchar karn lai kadi kuz kita hai kadi koi is tara di film banon bare sochea hai .. ... menu lagda hai k eh sirf rajnitik loka ne ban di mang kiti hai ta k news wich aa sakan ...

Last edited:
I am writing in support of the movie. I believe that all those who are opposing the movie are illetrate enough to have been miserably failed in drawing line between good and bad. They are themselves ruining sikhism. They are fanatics. And know nothing bout sikhism. What all they know is how to run their own dharam dukans located inside various Gurudwaras including Akal takht. Yes they have made all such pious Gurudwras as their coroporate offices to propogate their version of sikhism.
if such films aint made in coming years sikhs identity wud reduce to a colorful pagri wearing man sipping whisky and dancing with "sikh women" who is herself wearing "revealing" clothes, on a shit punjabi song. That is modern day sikh as that is wat we see on tv. Coming generation wud probably feel that is wat sikhsim actually is because movies on life and teachings of Gurus get banned. Gurus are currently under house arrest of these pseudo sikhs and confined inside gurudwaras only. Those who cant go to Gurudwara regularly have an excuse to sip whisky and dance with half naked gals clean shave and still br called gursikhs. Enjoy guys :ghug2

→ ✰ Dead . UnP ✰ ←

→ Pendu ✰ ←
Staff member
Historically this movie is very misleading - it is based on a very shoddy research. I do not doubt the intent of the producer but then being a devout (Sikh) doesn't mean one can get away with a poor understanding and ill handling of events based on reality. One cannot legitimise historical inaccuracies that too with the life story of someone as Guru Baba Nanak himself.
Reaction as I watched the film: Dark complexion hand is shown in the very beginning; Guru Nanak's voice is an issue; Mardana is uninspiring; Mardana's first meeting - the producer, who is also the dialogue writer, needs to check historicity; Costumes and sets are nice; Modi-Khana - Guru Nanak actually leaves the job immediately after the investigation but in the film he is still shown as employed at the time of him taking the long dip; River Bein dip historicity not proper (again)! - his return isn't shown properly; Namaz story also told inaccurately for the Nawab invited the Guru to offer Namaz and after he lost out, the Qazi was summoned to lead the Namaz; Naam khumari event happened with Babar and not with Daulat Khan; Malik Bhaggo story also is totally inaccurate; tabla accompanied with Nirmal Singh Ragi; The film has no impact and will not attract the youth; The casting is not impressive save a few performances - very uninspired people; Aarti is not in Dhanasri - R m P pattern in ascendency is strange; Make up of Mehta Kalu was poor - beard, plastic skin was detached; I liked the work of the actor who played the role of Rai Bular; Film is boring and too laid back; Baba Nanak costume - turban is not convincing; "Humm aap ke Sikh haiN Nanak Ji!" is so off; Mardana did not die in Kartarpur.
Good but a wasted effort, the film adds to the noise in the field and does not resolve or tell us anything. The film ending is very poor.
Watch it if you can if you only have time to spare. You won't gain anything if you watched nor will you lose anything if you didn't.
My Rating: ½/5 only for the fact that it might make you shed a tear or two by way of a reminder not that the film has anything to offer.

By Someone

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Chalo at least now people are thinking how the movie on Guru ji should be made, appreciate this effort, only then the better efforts will be done.