Keeping your identity intact

1. British ruled India for more than 200 years but they never changed their identity. I am not saying their own identity is good or bad but they took pride in their appearance and still do

Sikh migration to other countries started about 40-50 years ago and look at our state [of sikh appearance]! Many sikhs don't even look like sikhs. They have tried every possible way to change their appearance and copy british people. They have cut their hairs and started wearing hats. But doing these sorts of things speaks a lot about their low mentality.

2. Educated sikhs and those who come from well cultured and respectable families still keep their identity i.e. keep kesh and wear turbans. But people coming from uneducated background or families where traditions are not important and change is always frequent have lost their faith. They stand nowhere in terms of their identity. They have become laugh stock of high class british people as they are trying to copy the western looks and ways of life.

3. Change is the way of life but it should be positive in way that it respects one beliefs and the culture from where they originate. It should not degrade their own roots. They have to respect their own identity first themselves otherwise that will not be respected others. Learn from some other countries who take pride in speaking their mother tongue and do all the official work in their very own language. They are strong nations who have changed themsleves but kept their traditions and honour intact.

4. Sikh people have started speaking Hindi or English at home which is a big shame for our very own Punjabi language. why?

5. Weak personalities or mentalities change fast and they will keep on changing till existence. But those with strong minds won't do that because they love their own culture, their tradition and their Punjab.

6. Sikh is a minority community and if we do not save our identity it is going to vanish like many other extinct species. This credit would go to those weak personalities who are born in a sikh family but are coverting into other religions [by cutting their hairs]. If they cannot understand their own religion how could they ever dream of understanding others way of life or their religions?

7. Sikh people have started converting into other religions and it is all because the elders in the family have not respected their own Gurus and their teachings. This starts from one generation and then slowly 2-3 generation becomes completely changed into something which they themselves don't understand. They are confused people who have no respect for traditions or cultures because their understanding has not developed into those areas. It takes only 2-3 generations of uneducated people to move from one religion to the another.

snoopy_amli

___I. A. F.___
people to move from one religion to the another

????????????????????
plz explain how ppl move from one religion to another?

snoopy_amli

___I. A. F.___
Sikh people have started speaking Hindi or English at home which is a big shame for our very own Punjabi language

WOW..shame???

well about Hindi i will remind you its our National language ..its our PRIDE .....plz dun compare it with Punjabi or any other language

Punjabi boln nal koi punabi nahi ho janda...fer tan punjab ch rehn wale Bhiari lok v punjabi hoye na??

i live in AP speak telugu but still ppl call me Punjabi ...kyu?

well about Hindi i will remind you its our National language ..its our PRIDE .....plz dun compare it with Punjabi or any other language

Punjabi boln nal koi punabi nahi ho janda...fer tan punjab ch rehn wale Bhiari lok v punjabi hoye na??

[/COLOR]

He takes pride in speaking PUNJABI....in the same way you take pride in speaking HINDI. Not much difference there. :chew

What makes you Punjabi is if you follow the Punjabi culture or take pride in the Punjabi culture. I am sure you wont see many bihari's do that. If you see one then he is more punjabi then bihari just like you are more telugu then Punjabi.:shabash

pps309

Prime VIP
Sikh people have started speaking Hindi or English at home which is a big shame for our very own Punjabi language

WOW..shame???

Who told you Hindi is the national language of India?

FYI, India never had a national language. Hindi is the official language not the national language.
So your argument of national language is gone. Come with some other reason to justify yourself.

pps309

Prime VIP
According to the Constitution of India, any language, accepted by a State of India as its official language will be given the status of national language. In India, no language is accepted or spoken by the States unanimously. Even Hindi, the language spoken by most people, is unable to attain the status of national language as it is does not fulfil the condition laid down by the Constitution of India. Though Hindi is spoken by a large number of people, only ten States of India have accepted it as their official language.

Article 343 of the Constitution declares Hindi as the official language of the Un-ion of India. English remains the additional official language. It is the authoritative legislative and judicial language. In fact, one could say that English is the official language of India for all practical purposes.

According to above paras, even Punjabi and Tamil are official language and so may be coined as national language ;)
Officially Hindi and Punjabi or Tamil hold same status, its just that counting of hindi speaking is more.

Jaswinder Singh Baidwan

Akhran da mureed
Staff member
Guys,, sorry, i don't like to debate or fight,, but just want to share my opinion..

" please tell,
jado ikk bacha paida hunda hai,, ki ohde gaatra, yaa janeyu paaya hunda hai?
ki oh bacha hindi bolda hai, punjabi, english jaa urdu?
ki os bache de khat rakhi hundi hai?
ki os bache ne pagg banni hundi hai?
ki os bache nu BIBAL, KURAN SHAREEF, GURU GRANTH SAHIB ja BHAGWAT GEETA aaondi hai?"

Mittro, i agree that identity matters, but mere veero,,, jo kujh sannu milda hai, aithe aa k mildaa hai,, rabb eh wand ni kardaa....

j bacha ghar jamm pwe hindu de,, tan ohnu hindu bna dinda hai
sikh de ghar jamm pwe, tan oh sikh bna dinda hai
muslim de gharm jamm pwe, tan oh muslim bna dinda hai....

mittro, j assi history di gall kariye tan guruan peeran ne apni aan, shaan lyi balidaan ditte ne.... jo ajj wi kaayam hai,,

baaki mere veero,,
"tusi aap samjhdaar ho, mein ki samjhawa tuhanu
ikkk mere sache rabb de ghar nu jaande,,, kehde kehde raah wikhawa tuhanu"

so an urge,, plz stop fighting.......... IDENTITY means self respect only.....
jis kamm nu dil naa manne,,, oh kisey hor de kehan te kitta, te ki kitta,,,
ehi tan sadde guruan peeran ne kitta si,, apne dil di manni,, kisey hor di nhi........

veero, might b m wrong,, par jo dil ch aaya,, keh taaaaaa....

" Naa tu wekhya naa mein, rabb keho jeha dikhda e"
banda oh pagg kalgi waali,, jaa nanga sir rakhda e..
jidda dassya sannu sadde maappya, assi gall mann lyi...
kisey ne paya janeyu,, kisey ne pagg bann lyi..
koi padhe namaaz 5 waqt, koi bible padhda e...
chadd dharma de jhagre jhere mittra,,,
kehde dharma di gall karda e.....

asli banda oh, jo pyaar dujjya nu kardaa e.
khushi lyi horan di, jind wi apni harda e
JB tu ki harna horan lyi,,
JB tu ki harna horan lyi, jo wekh dujjya nu sad da e
chadd dharma de jhagre, jhere yaara, , kehde dharma di gall karda e "

snoopy_amli

___I. A. F.___
kon samjhave ve bolan nal koi banda punjabi irani madrasi ne ban janda

and mandar masjid gurudware jan nal kise da religion change ne ho janda

plzz sochni madi je change kro

as he said identity means self respect only not ae kro tan ae banoge oph kro tan oh banoge

jehdi language changi laggi ph bolo koi ne rokda but jehde nai bolde ona nu criticize kyu krde lokki samjh ne aunda

^^ meh soch reha kalnu meh v telugu bolni shuru karda tey Ganesh ji di murti liyakey rakh lawan ghar ch.........tey fir v jad koi faida lain di gul awey....meh kehna "haiga tah meh v Sikh Punjabi an"........rofl...rofl

Vaisey ehda di dogali jahi gul v koi lok hi kar sakdey a...saadey bus di gul ni..;)

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
^^ meh soch reha kalnu meh v telugu bolni shuru karda tey Ganesh ji di murti liyakey rakh lawan ghar ch.........tey fir v jad koi faida lain di gul awey....meh kehna "haiga tah meh v Sikh Punjabi an"........rofl...rofl

Vaisey ehda di dogali jahi gul v koi lok hi kar sakdey a...saadey bus di gul ni..;)

badi ghatiya post kiti,

WOW..shame???

Dear...there is lot of difference between mother tongue (Maa boli) and national language or official language (rashtriya bhasha)...by all means maa boli is more respectfull than national/official language...maa boli represents your root...while national/official language merely determines your communication skills...and also nationality...which keeps on changing...for example in india your national language is hindi...while in canada it is english, in france it is french....there is no harm in learning hindi, english or french but punjabi should still stand tall...how far it is good to neglect your mother for massi (maternal aunt)...!

you are punjabi because you are born in punjabi culture and your maa boli is punjabi...while importance of hindi is merely for communication purposes...but punjabi has more importance...it is the root of our culture...remember...we will be called punjabi only if we know punjabi and we speak it...keeping knowledge and not using it is useless...!!!
je boli jeondi rahi tahn punjabi jeonde rehnge...punjab would be finished if punjabi get dissappeared...!!!

kon samjhave ve bolan nal koi banda punjabi irani madrasi ne ban janda

and mandar masjid gurudware jan nal kise da religion change ne ho janda

plzz sochni madi je change kro

as he said identity means self respect only not ae kro tan ae banoge oph kro tan oh banoge

jehdi language changi laggi ph bolo koi ne rokda but jehde nai bolde ona nu criticize kyu krde lokki samjh ne aunda

jehri changi lagdi ohi language bolo...koi harz nahi...par aapas wich tahn punjabi ch gal karo...ya uh vee aukha hai...aahi gal ethe discuss ho rahi hai...je tussi madrasi naal gal karni hai tahn english ya hindi bolna theek hai...gal samajh vee aundi hai...par aapde ghar vich...aapne bhen bharawan naal ya maapeyan naal tahn punjabi ch gal kar lo...je eh ve nahi kar sakde tahn ik din punjabi da wajood duniya tohn muk jayega...eh maneya ki bacha jadon jamda hai uhnu koi bhasha nahi aundi hundi...par virsa aggey le ke jaana ve uhna da farz hai...jo pyoh daade dee virast hai uh kehne sambhalni hai...bihar tohn bhaiye fad ke tahn uhna nu punjabi sikha ke maa boli nu bachaya nahi ja sakda...!!!

Jaswinder Singh Baidwan

Akhran da mureed
Staff member
Guys this s wht we doing frm years, n no idea, will repeat it fr how mny years.
J mittra koi bihari de ghar jamm pya, ohda ki kasoor?
Bas har wele ehi, mein hindustani, mein pakistani, mein punjabi, mein marathi, mein gujrati.
Yaaro assi eh kyu bhull jaande haan, ki assi haan te saare insaan hi.
Baaki maa boli sannu virasat ch mildi hai, jihnu har koi saambh k rakhda hai, which is good.
'Language koi maadi ni hundi, bollan wala maada yaara,
mein punjabi tu telgu, JB pher dilan wich kaahton eh saada yaara'

userid50966

baii ji language kissea nu nahi nindea ja reha har boli apne than wadeea hai .Je science de treekea naal v sochea tan language apan nu dusrea bandea naal galh karn layee helpful skill hai . But the thing is there are many languages that are not spoken now a days for eaxmple sanskrit , so es layee je tusi apnee boli apne desh tea mann nahi karde tan ik dinh eh ik history di kitab da page banke reh jayegi .
oh khendea nea na jhedi kaum chon gayee gairat oh ajh v nahi te kalh v nahi

pps309

Prime VIP
It is always good to mix-up, socialize and be more interactive with other races, cultures. It gives more exposure and an open thinking.
Assimilating into others by losing your distinct identity is like creating suicide.