Janam Sakhi's

Ramta

- -
- -

...could you help me with this...

How seriously should one take the Janam Sakhi's ?? Are they real stories ??

As to which Janam-Sakhi's I am referring to... OK, let's speak of Baba Deep Singh.
He fought with his head off during battle.

If you believe this to be true, do you also believe the story of Achilles to be true, in which
he was almost immortal and only could die if someone stabbed his heel?

You see my point...if we believe the "Sikh-stories", then why don't we believe the others?
Or were they not capable of performing such deeds because they were not "Sikhs" ?

I am not saying Baba Deep Singh was never alive, he probably was. And he was probably
an extraordinary fighter, and would have won the medal of honor in todays wars.
So, when the author of the book wrote down his story, he wanted to amplify Baba Deep Singhs
courage, bravery, and skill. It came out perfect, why not say that this man fought without his head,
how much bravery does that show, and skill with the sword.

You see? Achilles may as well have existed like that same point.

I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other
We gotta start makin' changes, learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers.

Guru Nanak holding the huge rock boulder with one hand. Not a true story.

There are others, which I am sure we all are aware of...
lets recall some controvesial ones, and we can debate them.

Thanks

- -
- -

- -
- -

Da Tiwana

Inspector Sa'ab ;)
dear in sikhism, don't go by logics, its just faith.
there are so many things in sikhism, which are not possible scientifically. so don't take a scientific approach when you are talking about religion.
if you can then please explain logically about Gurudwara Meetha Reetha Sahib. there are heaps n heaps of saakhis, if you want i can post a few here, which are not possible as per the view of science.
so buddy, change the way you look.
i hope i made some sense here.
thanks.

dhana_jatt

~*~ NiMaNa ~*~
bulleshah banned ...:ban je kisi ne ban uplift karna hove ta pehla mainu ban kar dave.... kiyu ki hun ya bulla rahu ya main...

dhana_jatt

~*~ NiMaNa ~*~
- -
- -

I thing Bulleshah said only that which every kid in schools thinks about and
feels about the Sakhi's. I don't understand why we have to continue deny
that the Sakhi's are mere imaginary stories with our Guru's as protoganists
to teach the young in an entertaing manner. We are a nation of storytellers
and we all like to listen to them. To ban some is not an option a Sikh forum
should exercise. If you run away from debate how could you be a Sikh ??
A faith, any faith, that cannot withstand collision with public discource
is no faith at all.

Thanks

-
- -

o gal sun bulleya... i know ur bulla... f**k off man... take ur crap else where... ur crap is not allowed here...

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">lagda bs/kalanka/osho iko aa.....jo v aa...well BS....baba Deep Singh Ji shaheed ik bot hi uchi shakshiat hoye aa....ik sache sikh shoorveer.....khair mainu ih taan nai pata ke oh kini door larde gaye sees katan tou pishon par gaye zaroor......is da reason aa purane zamane diaan taaktaan ate khuraak.....ajjkal tere mere verge daal sabzi ch libdia via chamcha v nai pounde ke kite heart attack na ho jave par purania samian ch gall kush hor c......khuraakan c.....ajehiaan kirpaana naal larde c matlab ainia bharian hundian c ke hun apne tou chakian v naia jandia.....main tainu ik shoti jehi example dinda haan....main jadon shota hunda c taan sade seeri ne murga vadhia....usne second ch murge di dhoun vadh ke tokre ch sutan hi lagia c ke murge ne usde hathon shut ke udaari maari....aini uchi udaari maari ke nimh tou v uchi ate sade tou kush door dig paya.....main bada hairaan hoya par mere chache ne dasia ke murge di jaan takdi c.....ih meri akhan naal vekan di gal aa....so je murga aina ucha sir vadhan tou pishon udari maar sakda hai taan ik takda banda v sir vadhan pishon lad sakda hai.....ho sakda Deep singh ji aune kilometer na gaye hon jine ke dase jande aa par ih bilkul sambhav hai ke oh sir vadhan pishon v lade c.......ih ik itihaas hai ik ladai hoyi mughlan naal jis ch hazaran bande maujood c....

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

- -
- -

...could you help me with this...

how seriously should one take the janam sakhi's ?? Are they real stories ??

as to which janam-sakhi's i am referring to... Ok, let's speak of baba deep singh.
he fought with his head off during battle.

if you believe this to be true, do you also believe the story of achilles to be true, in which
he was almost immortal and only could die if someone stabbed his heel?

you see my point...if we believe the "sikh-stories", then why don't we believe the others?
or were they not capable of performing such deeds because they were not "sikhs" ?

i am not saying baba deep singh was never alive, he probably was. And he was probably
an extraordinary fighter, and would have won the medal of honor in todays wars.
so, when the author of the book wrote down his story, he wanted to amplify baba deep singhs
courage, bravery, and skill. It came out perfect, why not say that this man fought without his head,
how much bravery does that show, and skill with the sword.

you see? Achilles may as well have existed like that same point.

i got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other
we gotta start makin' changes, learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers.

guru nanak holding the huge rock boulder with one hand. Not a true story.

there are others, which i am sure we all are aware of...
lets recall some controvesial ones, and we can debate them.

thanks

- -
- -

- -
- -
goooooooooooooooooooooooo